How much difference DOES drinking water make?

Options
Ok so here's what's going on. I lost around 12 pounds in a month and then kind of didn't track as much of my eating for a week...and gained 3 pounds. Lesson learned. I got back on schedule from next week on and ate better, worked out and hoped for the best.

HOWEVER. I weighed myself this morning and I gained ANOTHER 4 pounds ?

The only difference I can think is that I didn't drink as much water last week, and while I did go out and eat, I did the same before as well when I lost the weight. At that time I used to drink water a lot more. I am wondering right now if the weight gain is the carbs from the weekend that are making me feel bloated. I read somewhere that it's water retention.

Does that sound possible? Can drinking more water honestly make that huge of a difference ?

I am new to this this so still trying out what works

Replies

• SomyaAggarwal
    SomyaAggarwal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok so if that's the deal then I can definitely drink more water. But what happens once retention stops? Do you lose that weight?
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If it truly is all water weight, then yes, you'll lose it.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    if it is water weight you will pee it out
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Water is crucial. I drink around a gallon a day.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I actually notice the more water I drink the better results I see on the scale... I try to drink 3 liters a day.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I did a water cut and was drinking up to 1.5 gallons of water the week leading up to a powerlifting meet. This was the first time I had tried this so we weren't sure how my body would respond. I was 135.8 lbs. the Monday when I started. By Friday morning I was 132.25 and just made the weight class. I did some deloading on Monday (light lifting), then only 15-20 minutes of cardio twice (high incline at a fast pace) while consuming 2000 calories.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Water is crucial. I drink around a gallon a day.

Same