Started to be a Vegan

jbrofar16
jbrofar16 Posts: 4 Member
It's been two weeks since I started to be a vegan. Any suggestions or recommendations about the kind of diet that I'm tryin right now?

Replies

• alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Vegan here! is it for ethical reasons or just for losing weight?
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    I'm vegan. Suggestions- always stock the house with loads of good, convenient vegan foods. It's easy to grab a burger or cheese stick when you're starving and fall off the wagon. While having lots of ingredients is great, I do best when I also have plenty of easy things like pickles, dried fruit, fresh fruit, pre-chopped veggies and hummus, tortillas, avocado, easy canned chili/ beans, and granola bars.
  • CloudlessMe
    CloudlessMe Posts: 2 Member
    Take it slow, and don't beat yourself up if you slip. It takes time to change habits, but after a while you won't miss it. Familiarize yourself with non-vegan hidden ingredients and get used to reading labels. If you are having trouble given up specific foods allow them for now, but start to have then less often (pizza was mine. Then the cheese stopped tasting good and upset my stomach. Now I crave cheese - less pizza instead). And most of all be patient. You will fail at recipes and you will be hungry at parties, but it all gets easier in time. Oh, and get ready for all the questions people will ask - how do you get any protein? Don't you miss cheese? What do your eat besides veggies? Isn't soy bad for you? Etc.
  • jbrofar16
    alechua wrote: »
    Vegan here! is it for ethical reasons or just for losing weight?

Both.
  • jbrofar16
    Take it slow, and don't beat yourself up if you slip. It takes time to change habits, but after a while you won't miss it. Familiarize yourself with non-vegan hidden ingredients and get used to reading labels. If you are having trouble given up specific foods allow them for now, but start to have then less often (pizza was mine. Then the cheese stopped tasting good and upset my stomach. Now I crave cheese - less pizza instead). And most of all be patient. You will fail at recipes and you will be hungry at parties, but it all gets easier in time. Oh, and get ready for all the questions people will ask - how do you get any protein? Don't you miss cheese? What do your eat besides veggies? Isn't soy bad for you? Etc.

Thank you so much!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    jbrofar16 wrote: »
    It's been two weeks since I started to be a vegan. Any suggestions or recommendations about the kind of diet that I'm tryin right now?

Vegan isn't a diet, it's an eating style.

To lose weight you just need a calorie deficit.