New.. excited to be here..

Options
smknitter
smknitter Posts: 88 Member
I am new here and excited to be a part of this community. Please tell me everything that you suggest to keep me on track to move forward.

Replies

• lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and I am glad you here. Feel free to add me maybe we can moticate eachother
  • LovingLife007
    Options
    Glad to be your friend, just add me.
    Kathryn
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Simple things to help you

Come up with a nutrition plan (do you want to focus on calories, carbs, fat?) I count calories and keep my eye on sugars.
    Log all your food - every bite
    Log all your exercise
    Make friends who will support you!
    Keep the faith through thick and think -- and we'll help!

Count me in on the friends thing!

Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    what oyvonnee said and you can add me as a friend if you would like
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    It is all about a new life, not about a new diet.. Make it liveable and change one habit at a time, before you know it, it is the person you are :)
  • CCLadyBug
    CCLadyBug Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi! Log in everyday if possible. If you have a smart phone, there's an app for mfp. Add friends to cheer you on. And, yes, log all your food and exercise. It helps so much to see what you are doing. Best wishes!! Add me if you like. :happy:
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    KevDaniel has good words. I've been on so many 'diets', none of which worked. It's all about everything in moderation and making changes that you know you will stick to. I've upped my vegetable and fruit intake and am eating a lot less processed food. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend - the more motivation the better :-))