Sugar Substitutes: Help

Options
I love my coffee but I like it sweet. Though I only add about 45-60 calories with this it is destroying my sugar intake for the day. I don't like splenda, truvia or ideal sugar substitutes. I can tolerate equal but I need to use like 4 packets and it's just so expensive.

Can anyone suggest something that tastes more like real sugar and is a little more cost efficient???

Replies

• BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    Have you tried Stevia?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Go black for a couple of days you might actually like it. I went for cream sugar to black. Anyways after a few days just add 1/2 teaspoon to you coffee and it should be good.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    lol... I use 2 tablespoons of Truvia. I am a sweet-freak when it comes to coffee. Mostly because I like the caffeine kick, but hate the bitterness of coffee!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Liquid Stevia.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Invest in good coffee, the taste is fantastic. No need for sweeteners.
  • vixenred7
    vixenred7 Posts: 2
    Options
    i buy EZ Sweetz online, its liquid sweetner one drop = 1 packet splenda. I use it in everything and one little bottle lasts months
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    I know you said you like dont like splenda. But that the one for me.
  • CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    try agave nectar lol ? maybe....
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda but, out of 3 teaspoons of sugar in a black coffee, I will have 1 or 2 Splenda and 1 or 2 sugars to minimise the taste.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Stevia is good but Truvia is not the best tasting Stevia out there. There are othes that are better. I buy one from Lucky Vitamin made by NOW.

I like my coffee hot and sweet too and use Stevia. Nothing as good in the morning!

Y :flowerforyou:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    ween off the sweet stuff. when you go black, you'll never go back.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    when you go black, you'll never go back.

I was waiting for someone to make this comment. Didn't have to wait long though..Thanks Taso!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    **double post. Sorry
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the "sugar free" Torani syrups, lots of flavors and sweeten it right up :)

http://www.torani.com/home/products

As far as sweeteners I like I use "Pure via" It is good, sweet, and cheap!
  • charmednz
    charmednz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried stevia and it was the worst taste ever, ugghh. Decided to stick with my 45 calorie teas with sugar and skim milk
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    You need to hang in there and get used to the different flavours of different sweeteners...I use honey...agave...canderel tablets etc
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    when you go black, you'll never go back.

Someone told me that applied to men too, I was told that but it's not true lol:blushing:
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp all-spice in with the coffee grounds. Then, once brewed, I pour a cup and add skim milk, a tsp vanilla and some splenda... The all spice, cinnamon and vanilla take the edge off/add sweetness... Try this and maybe you'll use les sugar! =)
  • hollie06
    hollie06 Posts: 3
    Options
    Try unsweetened vanilla almond milk....it makes it creamy! Sometimes I add a drop of pure vanilla, cinnamon, and raw stevia mixed!! Yummo :)
  • nikkidee1983
    Options
    Thanks everyone!