How much time are you spending exercising?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Minimum a day 45 minutes. However I am always on my feet at least 50% of the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    At least 30 minutes of purposeful exercise a day at least 5 days a week when I'm not bedridden. Outside of that I jump on every opportunity to move more. I'm the designated trash person in the house, for example, and I always volunteer to walk to the store whenever we need something.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking about 9-10 hours of excersise a week Multiple things and no week is the same
    What is consistent
    In the moring I do workout of about 25 minutes (alternating weights and abs) 5x week (quite conistently)
    I walk to work 3-4 days a week Per day I walk it is 105 minutes
    Gym: cardio class 60 minutes and Weights 60 minutes

Then less consistent I choose from.
    You tube classes usually about 30-90 minutes a week
    Run about 40-60 minutes a week
    If I feel like it I'll cycle 1-3 hours in a week

I also walk a lot for things like shopping etc. Where possible I do as much of my errands on foot.
    And then there is the odd week where I don't do much at all, then I clock up about 3 hours of excersise still but that feels as a low week.
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I exercise (swimming, cardio, weight training) for about 1 hour 15 mins 5-6 times a week. I usually go with my brother so I count it as social time too which helps. I don't have kids or anything and my workplace is really flexible and open to us all planning our own time, so it's not very difficult for me to fit that in. I also don't have a car and try to avoid public transport if it means I can get a good walk in instead.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Averaging at 80-100 minutes moderate cycling everyday rest day at sunday love playing table tennis but for this summer season I doesn't do maybe I could play it again starting when classes begins :smile: I'm a varsity college athlete so I'm active
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I lift 4 times a week, around 45 mins each training session. And I do cardio one day for around 30 mins. So definitely not a lot, 3.5 hours a week..
    I am at a point in my life that I would rather work smart than long.
  • laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do 15 minutes a day of HIIT training 6 days a week. Usually with heavy weights. As a former marathon runner and P90xer I never thought I could work out for only 15 minutes a day and lose 40 pounds of pregnancy weight. I might go back to longer workouts someday but with a 5, 3, and 1 year old, this works right now
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm building up marathon training so my run timings are going to go up but currently I run for around 2 hours a week, split differently depending on what I'm doing, I do a 45 minute swim session, and hour spin class and a 45 minute weights session.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Varies enormously between winter and the warmer months.
    April was 34 hours cycling and about 16 hours strength training.

Was away the final weekend of the month so c. 12.5 hours a week.

• ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    About 8 hours a week between running, lifting, Crossfit, walking, and yoga.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    7-10 hours a week. Getting close to the point where I won't be counting my casual walking anymore...

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    About 12 hours a week sometimes more. I like long workout sessions.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    About 9-10 hours a week
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    In winter, I was probably spending 4 hours total (three runs and a swim, plus some weights).

Now, training for two triathlons and a half marathon this summer, it's more like 7-9 (including outdoor runs and bike rides). I should do more weights, but I'm mostly cardio these days.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Typically anywhere from 4-8 hours a week. Lifting and some yoga. Depends on my goals and what I am doing, I am more about quality vs quantity at this point though.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A slow week would see me lifting 3x week for about an hour at a time, Zumba 1x week (45min), legs, bums and tums (45min), run 4x (40-60min). Deload lifting week (so once every 4 weeks), lifting goes down to around 30min and I add in 30min PT sessionsx3. Then if I can fit them in (partner works shifts), I go to Insanity (45min), Boxercise (45), another Zumba+Legs,bums&tums (45min) and circuits (45min).

So anything from 7hr30min to 12hr30min a week, not including all the walking I do for school runs and just general chasing children around (20000+ steps daily).
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I just upped my cardio from 50 to 55 minutes and do it 5 days a week. On days that I don't, I walk for minimum 1 hour, frequently more. I do about 30 minutes strength training every other day. And since the book I'm getting my strength exercises out of also includes warmup and cooldown stretches, I've started those recently (about 8-10 minutes each, but those I do 5 days a week). Plus, while it may not count as exercise when it comes to calorie burning, I've committed to sitting on a stability ball long enough to read a chapter of Great Expectations (say... 5-7 minutes, though it varies by chapter) before starting my warmup stretches.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I spend anywhere from 45 mins to an hour six days a week doing some for of exercise. My current plan looks like this:

Monday - Weights and 30 mins cardio on the treadmill/vario or bike
    Tuesday - Lap swimming for approx. 45 mins
    Wednesday - Weights and 30 mins cardio on the treadmill/vario or bike
    Thursday - Lap swimming for approx. 45 mins
    Friday - Weights and 30 mins cardio on the treadmill/vario or bike
    Saturday - Lap swimming for approx. 1 - 1.5 hours
    Sunday - Rest Day

I should add though, the lap swimming is more for meditative purposes and for my own enjoyment, than it is about "exercising". I just find it really helps me have time for myself and I would probably do it even if I gained nothing from it.
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use my apple watch to keep me accountable for at least 30 minutes of exercise per day. I also attend 9Round at least 4 times a week and run on off days. I am looking to start adding some strength training to the regimen but have no idea where to begin.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've loved reading everyone's responses here and its given me a few things to consider, so thank you for taking the time to contribute.

What I have been reflecting on is, am I going to enjoy this exercise if I do it? Am I exhausted, yet am I still going to push myself to exercise when my body is crying out for a rest? To me, if I love doing the exercise its fine.

But there have been many, many times when I have been sick, exhausted, upset, the weather outside has been awful...I've still forced myself to exercise.

I feel like I sometimes still have an 'over-exercise' demon still in my head, as I have struggled in the past with binge-eating and extreme amounts of exercise to compensate.