Anyone ever try the thrive energy patch?

Options
Bunch_of_nuts
Bunch_of_nuts Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2017 in Chit-Chat
32yo Bedsharing Momma to an almost 21mo beautiful baby tot. Needless to say I'm always tired and could use the extra pick me up. I don't want the other thrive products only wondering how the energy patches work.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You are breastfeeding, the substances from the patch will end up in your milk. You need to discuss that idea of taking OTC energy aids with your baby's pediatrician first
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Sleep is what will work better then any dangerous product.
  • cee134
    Options
    Remember, doctors use to think it was safe to give mothers Xanax while pregnant. Now there is a huge class action lawsuit because of what Xanax did to the babies.

My point is there is no way you will know what that stuff is doing to you or your baby. Why take the risk?
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Options
    Calm your nuts, I don't plan on breastfeeding her past the age of two. I would never take something that would hurt my baby.
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Options
    And sleep would be fantastic but I have a toddler so thats not going to happen.
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Options
    I'll consider that next time.
  • Nixi3Knox
    Nixi3Knox Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Sleep is what will work better then any dangerous product.

THIS. However if a baby is keeping you up at night sleep is not always easy to get, especially if you have other children along with the baby to care for. I would avoid this patch but maybe increase your sun exposure for better vitamin D levels. Sometimes just let the house work wait, if your baby is taking a nap then you should try taking one also. Put the phone on silent so you won't be disturbed. maybe get the toddler to lie down with you and take a nap together. Try to get to bed as early as you can. I you pump maybe your husband will be willing to feed the baby in the night at least once each night. If your baby is like my second one was and refuses a bottle this will not work.
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Options
    Sun isn't a problem, I live in Texas. My house stays clean so thats not a problem. Baby naps on me and I can't sleep when its light out anyways. Going to bed early doesn't work for me, takes me hours to fall asleep. I don't pump, and no husband so that's not an option. Thank you though. I wouldn't have it any other way, holding my babe while she naps, co-sleeping. Its worth it. I am very active through the day, just would like extra energy. I gave up coffee because I can't drink it without creamer and I cut creamer because of dieting. I'm sure I'll live..
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I looked up their website because I've seen ladies I work with wearing them and was curious to see what the heck is in the darn things that make them so great. Took me forever to find ingredients, and ultimately, I'm still not sure what's in them:
    THRIVE Lifestyle DFT
    ForsLean®, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Garcinia Cambogia, CoQ10, White Willow Bark, Cosmoperine®. (ForsLean® and Cosmoperine® are registered trademarks of Sabinsa Corp.)

Their product website reads like a bad infomercial. Derma Fusion Technology? :expressionless:

OP, if you don't drink coffee and want a little boost, what's wrong with popping a caffeine tab? They're quick, cheap, and calorie-free.
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Options
    I didn't know there were caffeine pills.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Look for NoDoz and the like, usually in the same aisle as the headache medicines. Typically 200mg caffeine per tablet.

ETA, your caffeine consumption in whatever form can possibly affect your baby, obviously, if you're still bf'ing but I'm sure that's not news to you. Nobody wants a caffeine-wired baby/toddler!
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Options
    Ohh those.
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My husband just tried them for the first time this month. I'm not sure he saw a difference. His favorite part of the program was the protein shake. They stink when he takes them off!

He's a swing shift truck driver so sleep is pretty nuts around here. We bed share as well, and I agree I wouldn't trade the time for anything!

This is going to sound suspicious, but the only thing that he continually uses is lavender essential oil for sleep, and peppermint to help him stay awake during the day. I won't even mention the company, because I don't want to sound like I'm trying to sell you something. Just another idea.
  • cee134
    Options
    Interesting fact. Caffeine doesn't actually give you energy. It blocks the natural brain chemical, adenosine, that is associated with making one sleepy.
  • Bunch_of_nuts
    Options
    Even if it blocked what makes me sleepy I'd be ok with that.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Their product website reads like a bad infomercial. Derma Fusion Technology? :expressionless:

That's because they are a Multi-Level Marketing scheme. A friend of mine on Facebook got into this recently and since then it is all she posts about. Puhlease.

• Nixi3Knox
    Nixi3Knox Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just putting this out there. Speaking from personal experience, have your thyroid checked. It is very common for women to develop thyroid problems after pregnancy. If your thyroid is off by just a small bit you will feel it. You may not have what some people feel is the typical weight gain or weight loss associated with a thyroid abnormality. I had an over active thyroid after my first baby and my energy was crazy low.