I could really use some friends

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Ali. I've been going through some issues, and have put on about 25 additional pounds in the last 4 or 5 months. The funny thing is, what had me feeling down to begin with was that I was feeling really heavy (250 at the time) so I kind of gave up and ate and ate and ate.

Now, at 275, I dont want to reach 300. I need to stop myself, or with my inability to control my eating, I could be there by summer. I'd much rather take a positive step, learn how to eat normal portions, and start getting these 25 off, and more from there.

If anyone is going through something similar, or even if you would just like to be friends, I would highly appreciate it. I'm nervous about doing this, but I believe I'll be able to.

Replies

• NyFitt
    NyFitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weight at the moment close to 200, should be @ around 155, I was @ 175 then I lost it since I had to focus my efforts elsewhere.

If you are into meal prepping or even if not, It is important to keep track of your calorie intake and if you are trying to lose weight you have to be on a calorie deficit, the best way to find these numbers are if you visit IIFYM.com, enter all your information and it will give you at the bottom under weight loss suggestions 15% Suggested, 20% aggressive or reckless @ 25%, once you see your number the button further down "Get my Macros" will ask you your name and email and take you to a page that tells you how much "this number" you just chose for weight loss means in Protein, Fat, and Carbs that you need to take in daily.

Can't stress it enough because people have told me you need a food scale, I just bought one for ten bucks off of amazon and waiting for it to arrive but so far just eyeing everything best I can. This website too also helps a lot when it comes to tracking calories but best of luck I am no expert or coach but hope this helps some
  • liltortillaboy
    liltortillaboy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Ali! My name is Alyssa. First thing I want to say is not to be hard on yourself. I used to beat myself up at my heaviest and used food to help me feel better, which in the long run made me feel much worse. Now that I'm on a healthier path I've realized that I need to use food as fuel to give me energy to be active and happy, rather than use it as therapy to make my problems go away. I have been in your position and I know it's not easy.. but it is 100% possible. I'd love to be able to help you get through this because I've been in the same position and I've grown in so many ways since I first started. Don't be nervous, be EXCITED! This is a new journey you're starting that will have SO many positive benefits :)
  • The5thGoldenGirl
    The5thGoldenGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Ill order a kitchen scale today off Amazon. I appreciate the responses, it makes me feel way less alone. And Alyssa thats what I want to be able to do; see food for what it is. Not for entertainment, comfort, and something that goes along with everything I do from watching movies to playing games or going out etc. I live on the 22nd story of an apartment building so I think Im going to try walking up the stairs to start out with. I also need to walk 2 miles every day getting the kids from school, so I suppose I could count that as exercise, right?
  • The5thGoldenGirl
    Options
    Also, how do I view people's profiles and send friend requests?
  • jwcsanders
    jwcsanders Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Ali. I've been going through some issues, and have put on about 25 additional pounds in the last 4 or 5 months. The funny thing is, what had me feeling down to begin with was that I was feeling really heavy (250 at the time) so I kind of gave up and ate and ate and ate.

Now, at 275, I dont want to reach 300. I need to stop myself, or with my inability to control my eating, I could be there by summer. I'd much rather take a positive step, learn how to eat normal portions, and start getting these 25 off, and more from there.

If anyone is going through something similar, or even if you would just like to be friends, I would highly appreciate it. I'm nervous about doing this, but I believe I'll be able to.

First off, don't be nervous. You CAN do it. You just have to believe you can. Believe me! I am a compulsive eater as well. I mean, I EAT ALL DAY; if things are accessible. I currently weight 223.8 and its only 7 lbs from my heaviest. As corny as it sounds, and I know it does, I was snapchatting a friend earlier and noticed that my dimples were gone in my checks. My son has the exact same ones, so it kinda hit me hard and made me realize how much I have really gained lately. It's hard to control binging, but I really want to do it and apparently you do too! We got this girl!

• merelynarvaez
    merelynarvaez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ali :) I'm Merely

I feel a bit like you, I used to be very active when I was younger but I went through stuff and gained about 40lbs in 2014 I'm 5'7" and usually weight 135 and then one day I decided that was enough, well life decided it wasn't lol and I found out I was pregnant with my first baby :o I was so excited but by the end of my pregnancy I weighted 240 :s with the new mom life and moving a couple times I struggle so much loosing the weight I currently weight 217 and since my baby is about to be one and a little less needy I decided to start working out again just to find out I'm expecting :s really just found out yesterday, anyways I don't want to have any pregnancy complications because of my weight so I'm in a health kick to eat a reach healthy and yummy diet and workout as long as it's healthy. I'm here for you if you ever want to talk or share recipes or workouts ;)
  • liltortillaboy
    liltortillaboy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Ill order a kitchen scale today off Amazon. I appreciate the responses, it makes me feel way less alone. And Alyssa thats what I want to be able to do; see food for what it is. Not for entertainment, comfort, and something that goes along with everything I do from watching movies to playing games or going out etc. I live on the 22nd story of an apartment building so I think Im going to try walking up the stairs to start out with. I also need to walk 2 miles every day getting the kids from school, so I suppose I could count that as exercise, right?

Taking the stairs and getting the kids from school makes a HUGE difference! If you started going for 30 minute walks every day I promise you will feel better just by doing that. Baby steps.
    Also, you view people's profiles and add them by clicking on their picture. It will take you to their profile and you can select to add them. I added you!
  • janeholland2008
    janeholland2008 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Ali, I understand perfectly how you are feeling. At my heaviest I was 280lbs, I started my journey back in January and am now at 250lb. I have always enjoyed food, making most of my meals from fresh ingredients and rarely using pre-packaged food but I needed to learn portion control and self-control. I have had a couple of health issues recently and immediately turned to fast food for comfort... So angry with myself!! I am determined to get back on track again and am hoping to find some exercise routines that I can do sitting down (for the moment) as I have a knee problem. I would be happy to tag along with you and hopefully, we can beat this together!
  • The5thGoldenGirl
    Options
    Hi Ali :) I'm Merely

I feel a bit like you, I used to be very active when I was younger but I went through stuff and gained about 40lbs in 2014 I'm 5'7" and usually weight 135 and then one day I decided that was enough, well life decided it wasn't lol and I found out I was pregnant with my first baby :o I was so excited but by the end of my pregnancy I weighted 240 :s with the new mom life and moving a couple times I struggle so much loosing the weight I currently weight 217 and since my baby is about to be one and a little less needy I decided to start working out again just to find out I'm expecting :s really just found out yesterday, anyways I don't want to have any pregnancy complications because of my weight so I'm in a health kick to eat a reach healthy and yummy diet and workout as long as it's healthy. I'm here for you if you ever want to talk or share recipes or workouts ;)

Congratulations on the baby and the new baby on the way! My youngest is about to be 10 months old, so I know what you mean about getting some freedom back slightly. I know you can go through your pregnancy and only put on a healthy amount of weight if you watch what you eat, I'd love to be friends.
  • The5thGoldenGirl
    Options

Taking the stairs and getting the kids from school makes a HUGE difference! If you started going for 30 minute walks every day I promise you will feel better just by doing that. Baby steps.
    Also, you view people's profiles and add them by clicking on their picture. It will take you to their profile and you can select to add them. I added you!

I saw that, thank you! I accepted. I'm really excited to have people that understand just how difficult it can be and that it's not as simple as just eating better. The whole emotional side to eating is what is difficult for me, not really actual food. I love the way healthy food tastes, my problem is that I'll just eat and eat and eat past the point of being full, and then feel awful about myself. Thats the first thing I need to work on.
  • WildEnglishRose
    WildEnglishRose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Ali! I'm Kelli. I completely understand what you're going through. I have 6 children, and the temptation of all the snacky stuff my partner and the kids have in the house is a massive thing for me! I'm also a gamer, which doesn't help ( popcorn whist gaming is a must for me), and my partner likes BIG portions, also hasnt helped!! I count my steps and calories burned everyday taking the kids to school. It's 40 mins brisk walking a day, so it's a damn good start, as is yours! Here if you need me ☺ xx
  • The5thGoldenGirl
    Options
    jwcsanders wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

First off, don't be nervous. You CAN do it. You just have to believe you can. Believe me! I am a compulsive eater as well. I mean, I EAT ALL DAY; if things are accessible. I currently weight 223.8 and its only 7 lbs from my heaviest. As corny as it sounds, and I know it does, I was snapchatting a friend earlier and noticed that my dimples were gone in my checks. My son has the exact same ones, so it kinda hit me hard and made me realize how much I have really gained lately. It's hard to control binging, but I really want to do it and apparently you do too! We got this girl!

Yeah! Binging is the hardest thing to stop doing, because it can happen no matter what kinda mood youre in. And sometimes it doesnt even matter what the food is, like if all i have available if healthy food Ill binge on those. The lack of control can feel really bad though, so Im really looking forward to getting a handle on it.
  • The5thGoldenGirl
    Options
    monkey2064 wrote: »
    Hi Ali! I'm Kelli. I completely understand what you're going through. I have 6 children, and the temptation of all the snacky stuff my partner and the kids have in the house is a massive thing for me! I'm also a gamer, which doesn't help ( popcorn whist gaming is a must for me), and my partner likes BIG portions, also hasnt helped!! I count my steps and calories burned everyday taking the kids to school. It's 40 mins brisk walking a day, so it's a damn good start, as is yours! Here if you need me ☺ xx

I sent you a message!