80lbs to lose

Options

Hello Everyone!

My Name is Wendy, I'm 29 from Dagenham, London.

I have decide to join here today as I have heard good reviews about My Fitness Pal and how it has helped people to lose weight!
I have 80lbs to lose, I'm currently at my heaviest and I have never felt so self conscious about my self as I do now. Even just ge ting ready to go about has become a challenge, I'm constantly struggling to find clothes that fit me and end up breaking down crying as everything that use to fit is now tight on me.

I need to get my eating under control and start losing some weight. I've need been slim, at my slimmest I was 12st 7lbs but I felt happy with myself.

please feel free to add me and let's help each other get to where we want to be!

Xx

Replies

• jmohun
    jmohun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy

Welcome to My Fitness Pal. I can relate to your post and I have a similar amount to lose. Take it one day at a time and you will be fine.

Keep a food diary and make friends to keep you motivated.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Emily_Carys
    Emily_Carys Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

I joined last week and I too have 80lbs to lose to get to my goal weight or about 55 to get to a weight that I have been happy with in the past (which incidentally is exactly the same weight you have said).

I'm sure we can both do this!!!

Emily
  • Sparklebaby444
    Sparklebaby444 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi. I used MFP in 2011/12 and rather than go all in, i made small changes each week. I still enjoyed treating myself with things strict dieters would cringe at, but it worked and eventually i lost nearly 3 stone. Things like sugar in drinks, cut down bit by bit. Crisps, swap to baked or things like quavers/pom bear etc. If u like takeaways, have boiled rice, swap creamy sauces for plain or tomato based. I love a korma but swapped to a tikka as dry no sauce. Im back on it and on 2nd week now. Ive cut my sugar from 2 to 1.5tsp. Next week its down to 1tsp. Ive cut my post school run biscuits out. Swapped my normal starbucks latte to skinny latte and sugar free syrup.
    You can do this...just take small steps rather than a huge jump and ending up jumping off the wagon too soon xx
  • janeholland2008
    janeholland2008 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs to lose and determined to do it ... happy to tag along with you ...lets sort this!
  • Sparklebaby444
    Sparklebaby444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs to lose and determined to do it ... happy to tag along with you ...lets sort this!
    good luck....and good luck to you all x