Tired of losing and gaining back the same weight again and again . . .

ofelecia
ofelecia Posts: 6 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm a 55 y.o. mother of three (a 17 y.o. and 14 y.o. twins) looking to drop some pounds. I was able to lose weight with WW after having my kids, but for about the last 10-12 years, I haven't been able to keep myself on track and it's really discouraging. Basically, I've been losing and gaining back the same 10-20 pounds since my kids were small. I don't know why I allow these pounds to creep back on after I work so hard to lose them, but it seems I can't stop myself . . .

I don't feel like thinking in points so I have no interest in returning to WW. Instead, I'm hoping to find a nice supportive community here at MFP, and mostly hoping to learn to keep it together as I approach my weight-loss goal.

Please feel free to message me if you're dealing with or have successfully dealt with the same or similar struggle. Maybe we can support and encourage each other?

Replies

• numenulife
    numenulife Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there.have you checked out the website Black Women Losing Weight?
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 289 Member
    I have done it. I started at 234 at my worst and dropped to 180 in college. Injured my shoulder and went back to 215 I think, then injured my back. Worked out and got to 204 and got in a car crash and again my back and shoulder flared up really bad. So back to 225 after not being very active and not caring Anymore.

Back at it now and dropped to 212. Hope to actually make my 165-170 goal this time injury free lol.

Good luck, log in your meals, be honest about it and work hard. You can do it
  • ofelecia
    ofelecia Posts: 6 Member
    numenulife wrote: »
    Hi there.have you checked out the website Black Women Losing Weight?
    . . . Good luck, log in your meals, be honest about it and work hard. You can do it

Thanks for the positivity, mca90guitar!
    and I don't know the website you mention, numenulife, but I'll check it out. Thanks!