NSV - new 3 mile time

Options
Managed to beat my 3 mile (4.82K) time today by 30 seconds in a time of 27:08, best of all micoach (free iphone app check it out) tells me I lost 641 calories. What is everyone else's best time for 3 miles?

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    26 mins here :)
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    26 mins here :)
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Not sure about exactly three miles, but my 5K personal best is 23:04.
  • walkerboyboy
    walkerboyboy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Can't run the 5K, but last walked it in 53.48. Might sound like much, but it was better than the 54.38 I did a few weeks ago and better than I ever thought I could do.

Next 5K is August 14th. Maybe 53.00 or less??

Just crossing the finish line is an accomplishment.

Congratulations to you :)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My 5K best is 33:26. Still working on it =)
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My best time for a 5k is 36 minutes. I have brought it down by 10 minutes in the past month.

Congratulations on beating your time!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Managed to beat my 3 mile time today by 30 seconds in a time of 27:08, best of all micoach (free iphone app check it out) tells me I lost 641 calories. What is everyone else's best time for 3 miles?

That's a GREAT time, by the way!!! ANY time is a respectable one, since it beats the time of those people who have chosen to stay at home on the couch! :)
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    My personal best 5k time is 27.30 .my knee has been aggravating me lately, but I can usually do 3 miles in 30 minutes without pushing too hard
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Managed to beat my 3 mile time today by 30 seconds in a time of 27:08, best of all micoach (free iphone app check it out) tells me I lost 641 calories. What is everyone else's best time for 3 miles?

Awesome Job!!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options

That's a GREAT time, by the way!!! ANY time is a respectable one, since it beats the time of those people who have chosen to stay at home on the couch! :)

Thanks for saying this. I know I am not the original poster and my times TOTALLY SUCK compared to everyone, but I was so proud when I finished my first 5K...until I got the nasty messages about how bad my time was.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN TO YOU!!!!!!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Everyone is different as long as youkeep trying to do it & trying to get better that's the important thing
  • AndyParkes
    AndyParkes Posts: 35
    Options
    I've been pushing hard to beat my best 3 mile time recently.

Current best is 21:45 which I'm very pleased with :-)
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My best time for a 5k was 30 minutes, I beat my time from 3 years ago by 3 minutes. :)
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Best time for me (one and only 5k race so far!) was 28:46 which I'm delighted with. Am aiming to beat it next month, even if only by a second or two!!

Some fantastic times here - we should all be v. proud! :smile:
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options

Welllllll....all of YOU anyway ;)
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options

Welllllll....all of YOU anyway ;)

And you!!! Doesn't matter if you walked. ran, galloped or cycled the 5k, you're still doing more than the person who's sitting on their couch glued to the TV. :flowerforyou: As for those people who sent you nasty messages, they should be bl**dy well ashamed of themselves - that doesn't help anyone and they should get a grip!

Edit: just noticed, your CW is just under my goal - I'll get there one day!!!! :smile:
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Hey---nice job man.
  • mjh5141
    mjh5141 Posts: 47
    Options
    That's awesome! My best 5K (on a treadmill) time is 33:45ish. I really want to get down to at least 30 flat, but I'm just working on being consistent in actually running the full 3.1 miles every time I hit the gym!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

My best 5K was 19:49 a couple years ago. I may try to beat it one of these days - it will be painful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!