Daily foods

Does anyone have any helpful tips on good daily foods. I've searched for so long but doesn't really help.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    What kind of tips do you need? You can eat anything you want. There are hundreds of recipe websites out there.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Any combination of foods that meets the following requirements
    1 fits your calorie limits
    2fits the macros you want
    3 taste delicious
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited May 2017
    The ones you like, that fit within your calorie goals for the day. Infinite possibilities!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Cheese.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Peanut Butter, Chocolate. Let your mind wander.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    My best advice on daily food is to eat food, daily. Seriously.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    cityruss wrote: »
    Cheese.

Your posts always make me hungry!

Now I'm imagining ousing cheese out of the burger in your avvie.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I don't know if they are "good" but when I go into my most frequently logged foods I've got coffee, oatmeal, eggs, apples, and carrots.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    • Breakfast - I like hard boiled eggs on the weekends and a plain protein shake made with unsweetened coconut milk during the week which I add my own stuff to (like flax, chia, l-glutamine, vitamin b complex, Moringa, etc.);
    • Lunch - usually a blended salad (parsley, carrots, celery, cucumbers, kimchi, miso paste) with some kale and cooked mushrooms and full fat greek yogurt with coconut flakes;
    • Dinner - usually a protein source (cheese, meat, chicken, fish), green vegetable and maybe a low carb one (like a sweet potato or squash).
    • I also like Aloe juice and lots of water.

I like a lot of the paleo / keto recipes.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    edited May 2017
    I say, eat the foods you like best, but in portions sizes that fit with your calorie goals.

For me that's -

Breakfast: 2 eggs with toast and butter and at least 1 serving of vegetables - I pretty much have the same thing every day, scrambled, omelets, fried, poached, hard boiled. Sometimes the toast is potatoes or rice instead. Sometimes I add cheese. Coffee with half and half

Lunch: A big salad full of vegetables with some sort of protein (tuna, chicken, fish, etc) and full fat dressing. Or a big bowl of homemade soup full of vegetables with some protein in it. Or something similar to dinner.

Dinner: 2-3 servings of my favorite vegetables, protein like beef, lamb, fish, etc, a small serving of starch such as sweet potatoes or rice or pasta or a starchy vegetable. Some added fat like olive oil or butter or similar in cooking or flavoring.

Snacks: cottage cheese, sometimes pureed with frozen fruit for a whipped dessert. A scoop of collagen in a cup of tea. Vegetable juice from my local juice bar.

But these are the foods I like. I like fat. I like to have some protein, fat and vegetables at every meal. I like some starch with most meals. I like vegetables. I don't like fruit. I like eggs. I don't like meat that much, but I eat it frequently because I feel better with more protein and that's the easiest way to get a lot of it. I love any starch, but tend to overeat it with too many calories added to it so I keep it limited. Like Friends' Joey and his sandwiches, soup is my favorite food so I'm happy to cook just about any lunch or dinner components into the form of soup.

What are your favorite foods? Can you design a healthy diet around those foods? If I make you eat the foods I like, you won't be happy. If you eat the foods you like, you will be.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Honestly I could eat oatmeal for every meal given flavor options.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    things I eat almost daily are yogurt, apples, berries cheese