HMR diet phase 1

Options
Looking for others doing the HMR Phase 1 diet for support & to share recipes. I just started a week & a half ago.

Replies

• Run2Beach
    Run2Beach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you still doing the HMR diet? I am just starting next week.
    -Kate
  • jowally2325
    jowally2325 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started HMR Healthy Solutions last week.
  • kelhappy1
    kelhappy1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I start orientation tomorrow.
  • Stephie_W
    Stephie_W Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the at home program on Monday. Are you HMR'ers still here? I'd love to hear how things are going for everyone.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    holy zombie thread!
  • do2go2do
    do2go2do Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any HMR'ers here? Tell us your experiences with HMR diet.
  • k_lace
    k_lace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started April 6, 2017. I have lost 14 lbs. I am doing the Decision Free HMR. This means all my meals are from HMR: HMR shakes, HMR soups, HMR bars, HMR oatmeal, and HMR entrees. I do no grocery shopping. I have several tips that have helped me, so far.

1. Stay in the box - whatever you do, stay in the box. If you get hungry or tempted, drink water first. Then drink a shake (with ice is best because you get more volume and filled up). Only eat or consume those foods that are allowed for your program.
    2. I have a great chart that shows the number of meal replacements you want to stick to under "More is Better". Not sure if anyone else has this information. Basically, the chart shows how many meals you want to eat, per week, to maintain a certain weight (Shows # of meals for women and men. Shows the Decision Free and Healthy Solutions). For example, at 190lbs, I can have 74 HMR meals a week. That equates to 10.5 shakes, soups, entrees, bars, oatmeal/a day. However, I want to get down to 130 lbs. At that weight, I can have 51 meals per week, or 7 meals per day. So I try to make sure I stick as close as possible to that number of meals. I have to do at least 5 shakes/soups/oatmeal. Anything over that is considered, "More is Better".
    3. I try to create the most volume/density to my meals. When I make shakes, I use lots of ice. When I eat the oatmeal, I use a whole cup of water and let the oatmeal sit so that it fully cooks and expands the oatmeal. When I eat the soup, I add an entree to it.
    4. Be creative with your meals. Use extracts, sugar free syrups, and spices to bring some different flavors and tastes to your meals. I first started off just doing the shakes. That got old fast. I went on YouTube and got more ideas to bring some variety of cold and hot choices to my meals. It helped a lot. I follow a guy named Sean Foreman on YouTube who did the HMR program and documented his weight loss there. He has some great tips but use what you can. You may not agree with everything but his videos were really helpful and motivating. I still watch them to keep me motivated.
    5. Drink lots of water. I try to get in at least 80 oz of water a day and I try to get that in before 5pm. I don't want to have to wake up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I wake up and I have a 16.9oz bottle of water at bedside. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I drink that. I have a 32oz water bottle that I put time marks on so that by a certain time of day, I make sure I consume that amount of water. I refill the bottle around 12pm finish the rest of my water before I leave work. In the evening I sip water, as needed. But I have already drank my water for the day, so I don't have to sweat trying to get all my water in for the day.

The one week that I was out of the box, I didn't lose any weight. I didn't gain either, but that week was an opportunity lost. I find the program is a bit expensive. So I want to lose this weight as soon as possible. The week I lost 5 lbs, I did a more PA (Physical Activity) than the minimum prescribed. The only PA I do is walking. When I do less PA I really try to keep the number of meals low because I don't always feel like exercising. But the more PA you do, the faster the weight comes off.
  • kelhappy1
    kelhappy1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started HMR on March 4th and I have lost 17 lbs. I am doing the at home program where you can add fruits and vegetables to the meals/shakes. I also do a weekly phone call with a coach. I have been enjoying the diet and it has been a lot easier to lose weight than other programs I have tried in the past. The best part about the diet is that you are never hungry. You can eat as much of the HMR meals and shakes as you need. The most challenging part about the diet is the cost and it is difficult going out with family and friends. When going out to eat, I choose a restaurant that has vegetables, baked potatoes and salads that I can add to my meals. It also is important to be prepared with extra meals, shakes and water wherever you go. Good luck!
  • brendalynn19
    brendalynn19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to lessen the sweetness of the shakes? I am not a sweet person at all and I am afraid I won't be able to stomach the shakes. Thanks!
  • k_lace
    k_lace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to lessen the sweetness of the shakes? I am not a sweet person at all and I am afraid I won't be able to stomach the shakes. Thanks!

I use my Nutribullet to add about 2 cups of ice. You can also add a bit more water if you are just using water and the shake. If you use a diet soda, it is really sweet. So I will cut it with more water.

I totally agree with you. When I first started the diet, I was doing shakes only and knew that I could not do this long-term, because I don't want a "sweet" drink all day, every day. So I start implementing the use of the soup, entrees, bars, and oatmeal. That way, I am not just using the shakes. I wouldn't be able to maintain that over the long-term. On a typical day, I eat the oatmeal for breakfast, 1 -2 shakes for lunch, and for dinner, 2-3 soup packets mixed with an entree. I try not to use the bars too often. I carry the bars in my purse so if I'm out, I can eat that and not feel deprived if I can't get to my HMR food.

I am doing the Decision Free (HMR products only. No grocery shopping, no fruits and vegetables).