Android running/walking app

Options
Does anyone have a good app for android to track running or walking? I had C25K, but just finished it. I just want to monitor how far I walk/run, and my pace. I tried Runkeeper, but it has force closed my phone twice now, and the GPS feature doesn't work that well in my area. I was hoping that someone had some suggestions for me. Thanks!

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Run keeper. It's awesome and it's free :)
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I really like cardiotrainer. I have not had any problems with it.
  • JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Personally, Runkeeper is my favorite, but if you're having issues with it, look for a program called My Tracker... I think it's a Google app. I was using that until I discovered Runkeeper.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    endomond.. i use that.. its pretty decent and gives you a map.. but.. all of them use gps.. so im not sure.. maybe a pedometer?
  • melmarler
    melmarler Posts: 23
    Options
    I use Allsport GPS
  • XtinaRocks
    XtinaRocks Posts: 24
    Options
    There's this awesome app called Endomondo. Its pretty cool cuz it track everything and you can also see where you run too! (GPS type thing in it). You should try it out! I think its free too!
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like sportypal because of it's website. You can log runs you didn't have your phone with you, and even share them w/ people on here (with a link)
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    The best one I found it's called Endomondo which is a GPS kinda thing and you can log in on your computer and can get the info of your workout.Can be used for different sports like running, walking, cycling, hiking,etc. I absolutely love it!
  • achieve101
    Options
    Runtastic works for me
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Buddyrunner-its great and free. Shows maps and all for where you have walked, run, hiked
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo & love it!!! While that's running, I listen to the British NHS C25K podcasts.
  • mdhsr
    mdhsr Posts: 5
    Options
    WOW your are to be commended for your dedication, success and committment. All of your friends shound throw you a healthy party and then follow your lead. U R AWESOME
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't have an android bit on my iphone I use runtastic. Its amazing!! and free!!
  • kelseytanking
    Options
    Cardio Trainer! It uses GPS to track you, tells you how long you've gone, how many calories you've burned, and it keeps a running total per month of what you've done by exercising. It doesn't just have running/walking either...it's got settings for treadmills, tennis, dancing, etc. It's a really great app for being free!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I personally use RunKeeper & haven't ever had trouble with it in your neck of the woods, but that could be partially due to phone type, too. I've heard of CardioTrainer (or was it CardioFIt?) that another fellow Droid user really liked. Haven't heard of any of the others, but I'm one to be happy with what I've got until it malfunctions so I don't look for other options.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I use My Tracks, it's free, give you climb/descent as well as distance / speed etc.