WII Fit

Options
2»

Replies

• greysweatshirt
    Options
    I've been doing 5lb weights..just doing curls and whatnot with the remote in my pocket. I think I'll go to my 10lb weights next week. You'll feel a HUGE difference once you add the weights!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I need to find me some exercise pants with pockets and try my 5 lb weights thanks for the tip sounds reallly interesting!!!
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I bought the Wii fit and was told I was too fat to use it and then it erased my little Wii-me. : (

Teri
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I bought the Wii fit and was told I was too fat to use it and then it erased my little Wii-me. : (

Teri

Oh my gosh...that's the saddest thing I've ever heard. Well...one of them any way! Hang in there...I'm sure it was some kind of mistake. And if it wasn't (?) is there some way you can get it to work anyway? I don't have one, but was wondering about them. I'm thining about going out to my garage right now and gettin g ahula hoop and hula while I watch a movie. Care to join me? "Wii" can hula together virtually! :wink:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

Teri

:noway: :noway:

No way! That's terrible!:frown:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have a wii fit too and i love it I use the wii an hour daily along with the gym 3 days a week it can't hurt:happy: :happy:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I just got me my game of EBAY tonight

my fitness coach so I am really excited
  • srayking
    Options
    I have the wii fit too. I have lost 7 lbs so far. I love it:love:
  • beauplr
    Options
    I got a WiiFit for Christmas. Unfortunatly, the WiiFit board has a 330 pound weight limit. I have been working hard to get to that point so I can use my board. My husband has been using the yoga and strength exercises for a few weeks and has lost 20 pounds. Of course, he is also dieting but the Wii is helping.

I'm hoping to reach this 'mini goal" this week... last time I checked I had two pounds to go.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you really read into the reviews on the Jillian Micheals Wii game, the people who did the reviews usually went back to update their reviews after they researched online how to really use the program and after learning truly how to use it correctly most people loved it. I have not purchased it yet, but I think that is my next purchase. It was just lack of product knowledge for those first reviews, I believe.
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    I just bought the my fitness coach on ebay, can't wait to use it!!
  • katrinas_way
    Options
    Wii Fit is so much fun!!! I am over 330lbs but I trick mine! I stand on it sideways with one foot so it weighs me and thinks I am a lot less. After it registers my fake weight I use it...and it WORKS!!! Try it out!:smile:
  • mommy0612
    mommy0612 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just got me my game of EBAY tonight

my fitness coach so I am really excited

I just got mine this weekend and started it yesterday. It is pretty darn neat. I actually do feel my legs after the squats.
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Wii Fit really is alot of fun. I use it as an extra to my regular workout routine.

For those of you looking into Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatim, I should tell you, it received terrible reviews. Please check it out for yourself on Amazon.com.

I recently got My Fitness Coach for the Wii on my birthday and it is absolutely amazing! It is a serious workout and is different everyday. Look that up too on Amazon.com if you are interested.:flowerforyou:
    I agree with soup about the Jillian Michaels one... I have it and I'm not into it. I thought it was going to be fast pace, get me dripping with sweat, exhausted... nah. It does work you abs a bit. I wish I would have read reviews on it b4 I purchased it.

I will be getting the My Fitness Coach though.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I just realized that my fitness coach is a sequal to an older game called Yourself! Fitness. I loved Y!F, and it had an AWESOME community attached to it. YF is what helped me lose the first 50 or so pounds when I peaked.

Y!F was one of the very first exercise based games, and still one of the most thurough. It's not super fun like WiiFit, its more like a real workout.

I'm going to check out my fitness coach tonight. Thanks for the nod to it :)

PS: Does MFC have recipies/meal planners like the original Y!F did?

PPS: Apparently MFC doesn't include the meal planners. So, I did some searching - you can find all of the meal planners here:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20071113111637/http://www.yourselffitness.com/commitment/eat-right.aspx

Give it a few minutes to load and download the one that fits you, or all of them!

I'll see if I can't make a zip file with all of them for yas.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    When jillian talked about her wii game on the radio she kind of made out it was for kids not really for an intensive workout I dont know we just got wii fit it was suppossed to be for easter but when I got it out the box to test it and have a sneaky play kids were in bed my son appeared eyes and mouth wide open so we decided to let them have it early just means they wont get much at easter time they wont mind.

I love hula hooping anyone done the 6 min super hola hoop what a killer tight rope is also cool and the bubble one I need to work on my balance still though I agree the jogging is a nightmare when you get to up your distance. Cant get into the step a bit tame maybe it gets harder I use that to cool down after jogging and hooping. I am constantly challenging my 7 yr old he beats me I beat him and so forth if anybody looked through my front window when I was hooping they must think mad cow soooo what.

Yeah for Wii fit.
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love my wii fit also. The problem I had before was that my husband wanted to use the big 52 inch TV to watch his programs and I hated sitting around waiting for my turn. Then one day the wii told me that I could change the channel and she would still be with me on my run! I do this all the time now, and run to the side of the TV. The wii tells me when I have 5 minutes left, plus I watch my watch when I start. Also I can usually tell by the time on the TV.

I have also used weights in my hands, hold them like batons when you run. I think I'll get off my duff and go run now! I am recovering from gallbladder surgery. This is day 7 and I think I am ready to start back up. (three days ago I did 30 min of balance exercises)

How do you count the calories burned for each category:
    balance, aerobics, yoga, strength training= calories burned each 15 minutes? Do you figure it by heart rate?