No Weigh May

jwcsanders
jwcsanders Posts: 50 Member
Has anyone else heard of/is participating in no weigh May? Where you go just by NSV the entire month of May? I weighed myself this morning and don't plan on weighing again until June 1st. Just judging on NSV for the month. I am an obsessive weigher. So this will be extremely difficult for me.

CW: 223.8
GW: 160.0

Replies

• ShellyJS64
    ShellyJS64 Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2017
    I started this challenge with my Facebook group...I'll do this with you here.
    CW: 171
    GW: 120
  • jwcsanders
    Jen12143 wrote: »
    Wow! This is the first I've heard of this! I'm game!!

Great, maybe by the end of the month we will have some awesome nonscale victories... I'm looking at you skinny jeans.
  • jwcsanders
    I started this challenge with my Facebook group...I'll do this with you here.
    CW: 171
    GW: 120

CW: 225
    GW: 160
  • ShellyJS64
    The scale and I are not friends...I am hoping for inches lost at this point. I am not even going to measure myself...just going to try on clothes that don't fit anymore. I have a pair of jeans I would love to fit into!! I bought them and never wore them, because I stared gaining weight.
  • jwcsanders
    The scale and I are not friends...I am hoping for inches lost at this point. I am not even going to measure myself...just going to try on clothes that don't fit anymore. I have a pair of jeans I would love to fit into!! I bought them and never wore them, because I stared gaining weight.

I keep yo-yoing up and down, I see the number on the scale go down and it makes me happy, then when it creeps back up it really messes with my mo-jo. I figure if I focus on the NSV, when I step on the scale at the end of the month it wont bother me as much.
  • pattilindley
    pattilindley Posts: 47 Member
    jwcsanders wrote: »
    Has anyone else heard of/is participating in no weigh May? Where you go just by NSV the entire month of May? I weighed myself this morning and don't plan on weighing again until June 1st. Just judging on NSV for the month. I am an obsessive weigher. So this will be extremely difficult for me.

What is NSV?
  • jwcsanders

What is NSV?

Its nonscale victories, clothes fitting better etc.
  • ilikeitalatte
    ilikeitalatte Posts: 4 Member
    I'm doing No-Weigh May, inspired by my Keto for Badass Babes facebook group.
    SW: 288
    CW: 262
    Next short-term goal: 245 by June 30
    GW: 180
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    I do this every month (only weigh on the first of every month) so this isn't a challenge for me necessarily :)
  • jwcsanders
    I do this every month (only weigh on the first of every month) so this isn't a challenge for me necessarily :)
    I am a compulsive weigher, like daily.

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member

I can't do it, as I'd drive myself nuts with the constant fluctuations. I'm consistently losing anywhere from 6-8lbs a month so I'll stick with this method as it keeps me relatively calm about it all :)
  • jwcsanders

I can't do it, as I'd drive myself nuts with the constant fluctuations. I'm consistently losing anywhere from 6-8lbs a month so I'll stick with this method as it keeps me relatively calm about it all :)

Maybe it'll teach me to be like that lol
  • maeganb2013
    maeganb2013 Posts: 1 Member
    How do I join?
  • jwcsanders
    How do I join?

I guess right here :) we can all post our results at the end of the month. Hold each other accountable.
  • ShellyJS64
    NSV: I tried on a pair of size 12 pants that I couldon't even button up in January. They buttoned up and I still had some room...no muffin top!!
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    I'm a compulsive weigher too! My friend is trying to get me to scale back and I kinda have but still weight pretty much daily. This NSV sounds challenging for sure!
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    I'm the same! Find myself stepping on the scales so much and wondering how much I'll weigh. I might give this a try!
    CW: 144lbs
    GW: 112lbs -120lbs
  • jwcsanders
    NSV: I tried on a pair of size 12 pants that I couldon't even button up in January. They buttoned up and I still had some room...no muffin top!!

That's Awesome!!
  • ShellyJS64
    Thank you!!
  • jwcsanders
    NSV: My wedding ring is starting to get really loose.