Vegetarian-conscious-eater

Options
Who knew giving up meat would be more easily attainable than lowering carbs?! Well....it has been for me.

Good luck to us all!!!

Replies

• T1Dvegetarian
    T1Dvegetarian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian most of my life, and I totally agree with that! Let me know if you find some great low carb vegetarian meals you'd recommend.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic or insulin resistant? If so, I understand why you're trying to limit carbs. If not, vegetarianism and low-carb are not always an easy combination . . . but fortunately, low-carb isn't essential for most people for weight loss (it does help some with cravings and satiation).

I've been vegetarian for 43 years now, and lost 1/3 of my body weight while eating around 150-200g carbs most days (and while getting enough protein and healthy fats).

I'm not saying you shouldn't pick the strategies you find most helpful - quite the contrary - but simply saying that there may be some tradeoffs when combining two ways of eating, both of which are at the edges of our culture's mainstream.

Good luck!
  • olwen8
    olwen8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian too! Add me! Google vegetarian skinnytaste
  • sininho880
    sininho880 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not diabetic nor insulin resistant but since I've been watching my carb intake my sugar craving has gone down a LOT, I don't feel bloated and have more energy.
    Thanks for ur post Ann.