Fitbit challenge for Office workers

Options
ka33433
ka33433 Posts: 32 Member
Does anyone who works in an office or sits at a desk most of the day want to do a fitbit challenge?

Let me know if you do :)

Not sure about you but I don't walk around much and need people in similar situations to compete with! It is hard competing with my friends who walk around all day for their jobs!

Replies

• alexjoemom
    alexjoemom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'll join you in that challenge. I work in a large office building and i try to get up hourly, the reminder on the Fitbit is great. How many steps do you walk at work or total for the day.
  • McWooey
    McWooey Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    i'm in. I sit in an office from 9.30am until 4.30pm. I use the reminder too and would get up to refill my water bottle etc.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/5NHP5J
  • hbic1984
    hbic1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I sit for most of my 8-4:30 day. I get about 8k steps having a 3 year old but wanting to get up to 10k. All my firbit friends are now "inactive" so I don't have anyone to participate in the challenges with me.
  • fspicer251
    fspicer251 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sit too. Way too long everyday. Been driving me nuts lately. Should we do something were we try to get so many steps when we get up or just get up move a bit and fill the water bottles? Not sure if any of you are limited on the time you can be away from your workstations. I'm game for anything! :)
  • ka33433
    Options
    alexjoemom wrote: »
    Hello, I'll join you in that challenge. I work in a large office building and i try to get up hourly, the reminder on the Fitbit is great. How many steps do you walk at work or total for the day.

Fab.. I am just using the fit bit one as I haven't felt motivated enough to get into the other features to be honest. I am upping my fitness etc with DVDs and classes but only do about 3000 steps on average a day LOL. So bad..... I work and live right by the train station and I work in the City so lunch breaks are frowned on basically for longer than popping out to get food then go back. I need to start getting up more etc and just find some motivation... absolute nightmare.

Message me on this with your fit bit details, then I can add everyone to a fit bit challenge.

• ka33433
    Options
    McWooey wrote: »
    i'm in. I sit in an office from 9.30am until 4.30pm. I use the reminder too and would get up to refill my water bottle etc.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/5NHP5J

Added you to fit bit
  • ka33433
    Options
    hbic1984 wrote: »
    Count me in. I sit for most of my 8-4:30 day. I get about 8k steps having a 3 year old but wanting to get up to 10k. All my firbit friends are now "inactive" so I don't have anyone to participate in the challenges with me.

I feel your pain with sitting down. Message me your fit big details so I can add you? X.
  • ka33433
    Options
    fspicer251 wrote: »
    I sit too. Way too long everyday. Been driving me nuts lately. Should we do something were we try to get so many steps when we get up or just get up move a bit and fill the water bottles? Not sure if any of you are limited on the time you can be away from your workstations. I'm game for anything! :)

Most people do who can do the most steps - I will easily lose, but I am hoping it makes me fit bit obsessed lol.

Message me your details for fit bit so I can add u x

• pinkyhere_23
    pinkyhere_23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm in the office from 730 to 4 !
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sitting at a desk 7-4ish really stinks. Most of my Fitbit friends walk circles around me. I'd love to compete with other office workers. Feel free to add me. https://www.fitbit.com/user/279979
  • ka33433
    Options
    I'd love to join! I'm in the office from 730 to 4 !

Hey what's your fit bit profile so I can add?
  • ka33433
    Options
    kim69194 wrote: »
    Sitting at a desk 7-4ish really stinks. Most of my Fitbit friends walk circles around me. I'd love to compete with other office workers. Feel free to add me. https://www.fitbit.com/user/279979

Hey added you. I will monitor this post until Sunday ready to start a challenge for Monday :) will wait to see how many people want to get involved x
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I work in an office 8-5 and then do homework at night for my masters degree program. This challenge can help motivate me to find time to get up and walk.
  • snubbull
    snubbull Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will join too. Sit from 7.40-4.00
  • snubbull
    snubbull Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My email for fitbit is rjsnubbull@yahoo.com.au
  • momwow17
    Options
    momwow17 wrote: »
    I'd like to join. I work in an office 8-5 and then do homework at night for my masters degree program. This challenge can help motivate me to find time to get up and walk.

My Fitbit email is https://www.fitbit.com/user/28R6LM

Thanks!
  • ka33433
    Options
    snubbull wrote: »
    My email for fitbit is rjsnubbull@yahoo.com.au

Added :)

• ka33433
    Options

My Fitbit email is https://www.fitbit.com/user/28R6LM

Thanks!

Sounds good! Added :)
  • ka33433
    Options
    Hi all, just a reminder to accept me on fitbit and send me your email addy or profile details by 10pm GMT so I can add you to the fitbit challenge in time. Thank you :)

If anyone else wants to get involved let me know.... x
  • momwow17
    Options
    The band on my old Fitbit broke, so I got the new Fitbit Charge 2 today! Ready for the challenge!