acne on shoulders

Options
About a month or so after I started really exercising I started to get acne on my shoulders. Has anyone else dealt with this and gotten rid of it? If so how? Thanks!

Replies

• JustMichelleB
    Options
    I have this problem, mainly with the warmer weather. At the recommendation of my dermatologist, I bought some Panoxyl (10% benzoyl peroxide) from CVS. I use it once a day in the shower and it keeps my shoulders, chest and upper back clear.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Proactive has an amazing body wash.. it's what I use after my sweaty workouts, and since I wear 2 sports bras.. a lot of the sweat gets trapped in there.. it works awesome
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar and Burt's Bees acne solution spot treatment...both have worked wonders for my skin!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I also get this although not so much anymore. It is super common for people who sweat lots!

Best advice is really to shower asap after workouts and I found aqueous cream as a wash works well :)
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It also helps to exfoliate. I use an acne "puff" pad. It's white and about an inch thick. I get mine at either Walmart or Albertsons. I'm sure a loofa pad would work as well. Anything that'll scrub off the dead skin cells. Also, it helps to shower as soon as possible after you workout or do a lot of sweating.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Dial soap or any other anti bacteria soap and a srubbie pad or a wash cloth.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It depends you can try these treatments everyone is telling you or talk to a dermatologist and get their opinion. As I work in a dermatologist office I can tell you that it may be better to see one sooner rather than later and have the issue become bigger.
  • melandcurt
    melandcurt Posts: 16
    Options
    I get it on my chest certain times of the year and I just use regular rubbing alchohol on a cotton ball right after I shower and before I go to bed.
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started getting what I thought was acne on my chest, but now I think it was heat rash. I got it cleared up then started putting gold bond powder on the area BEFORE I exercise and it is keeping it from coming back.
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I had this when I was pregnant and I used neutrogena grapefruit bodywash. It worked for me.
    http://www.target.com/Neutrogena-Oil-Free-Acne-Body-Grapefruit/dp/B002HQKVJK
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It could be your hair touching your shoulders, especially if it's sweaty or oily.