New here and Looking for bariatric friends to add!!!

Options
I am a lap band patient. Surgery date was November of 2006. Maintained weight for 10 yrs. Over the past 2 yrs I have gained back 100lbs, of which I would like to lose 80. I am down 10 in the past 2 weeks. Would love to find some other bariatric wls patients to add on here, share advice, vent, reach goals together and hold eachother accountable!!

Replies

• Miss_Hattie
    Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a lap band patient. Surgery date was November of 2006. Maintained weight for 10 yrs. Over the past 2 yrs I have gained back 100lbs, of which I would like to lose 80. I am down 10 in the past 2 weeks. Would love to find some other bariatric wls patients to add on here, share advice, vent, reach goals together and hold each other accountable!!

I'm new here and looking for friends, too. I hope you'll add me. I haven't figured out yet how to do that. I'm going through the prep process now to qualify to have the duodenal switch. People don't usually gain back weight on this one, or at least not much. It's a risk though and is major surgery. But I just couldn't keep the weight off. I'm 63 and live in Indiana. And congrats on the 10 pound weight loss!!
  • Miss_Hattie
    Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi msmarilee88 - Are you still hanging around? I got your email or private message note. The duodenal switch is the "strongest" and most risky of all the surgeries. They cut out a large part of the stomach plus either remove a good 3 foot of the small intestine or they loop it somehow. I need to look at the procedure again. I thought I was closer to getting approved for it but now they've asked for some more things so it'll take a little longer. I'm so glad my family physician is working for me to streamline and tackle all the problems that come up. She's a gem!