I need to get rid of those banana rolls

Options
NessaKolins
NessaKolins Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everybody, im 25 years old, 60 kilos, 5.51 feet. I've been training a lot since October, 4 times per week, 10 minutes of cardio and ~1 hour 15 of weight training. But I'm still struggling with those banana rolls under my butt. I read that deadlifting was perfect to diminish them but maybe I don't lift enough ? (30 kilos). Do you have have specific exercices that can help me get rid of them ? I do squats, Bulgarian squats, presse, aductors, abductors, pulley, deadlift ..

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Assuming banana rolls are fat, you get rid of them by losing fat. At your size you should be able to follow a progressive lifting program while eating at maintenance and burn fat while building some muscle. Are you following an established lifting program or winging it? An established program should have you increasing the weight you are lifting regularly ("progressive" means that you are progressively adding resistance via more weight, reps, and/or sets), which is what helps build muscle. That means you would lift 30 kg today and then maybe add 2.5 kg the next time you do the exercise and 2.5 kg the time after that and so on and so forth.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Up your cardio 20-30mins few times a week, I recommend using the stair master. Hamstring curl. More leaner you get, you will lose those rolls. How many sets are you doing? How many exercises are you doing in one workout? Rest time etc. Do you have a specific program?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Assuming banana rolls are fat, you get rid of them by losing fat. At your size you should be able to follow a progressive lifting program while eating at maintenance and burn fat while building some muscle. Are you following an established lifting program or winging it? An established program should have you increasing the weight you are lifting regularly ("progressive" means that you are progressively adding resistance via more weight, reps, and/or sets), which is what helps build muscle. That means you would lift 30 kg today and then maybe add 2.5 kg the next time you do the exercise and 2.5 kg the time after that and so on and so forth.

Yup all of this.

I have them too. They are one of the last places to go for me. I got really lean and they were still there, and more cutting was clearly not the answer.
    What helped me was building a sufficient muscle base in the hammies and glutes through bulk/cut cycles (you can also build muscle at maintenance as mentioned).
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sounds odd but also try frount squat too make sure u go deep on them and good mornings too may help too
  • NessaKolins
    Options

That's basically what I'm doing. I'm following an established lifting programs increasing the weigh progressively. I started on very low weight to come here and there is a clear evolution but they are still here
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

That's basically what I'm doing. I'm following an established lifting programs increasing the weigh progressively. I started on very low weight to come here and there is a clear evolution but they are still here

Unfortunately you can't spot reduce... no matter how much you work that area it will not cause fat to come off there faster. You can help build muscle there that will be revealed when the fat comes off. It sounds like things are going in the right direction.. just have to be patient and keep at it
  • NessaKolins
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Up your cardio 20-30mins few times a week, I recommend using the stair master. Hamstring curl. More leaner you get, you will lose those rolls. How many sets are you doing? How many exercises are you doing in one workout? Rest time etc. Do you have a specific program?

I have a specific program, Always start with 10 minutes of cardio. Then for example :

Monday :
    - 4 sets of squats (+30kg) x10+squat jump x8 each
    - 4 sets of 12 repetitions pulley each (+10 kg),
    - 4 sets of 10 straight leg deadlifts each (+30kg)
    - mountain climber 4 sets of 45"each
    - 4 sets of Side plank of 1' each
    - back extension machine 4 sets of 12 repetitions each

Wednesday :

- 4 sets of leg press (+100kg) x 10 each
    - 4 sets of Bulgarian Squats (+8 kg) x 12 each
    - 4 sets of abductors (x15) + adductors (x15)
    - 4 sets of Mountain Climber oblique of 30" each
    - 4 sets of Abs (x15)