1000-1200 a day

Options
I'm between 1000-1200 a day. Feel free to add me! Sometimes I need friends to keep me accountable! :)

Replies

• nyci2503
    nyci2503 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am in the same boat. Needing to be held accountable. How much weight are you looking to lose?
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure I'm at 1200 per day but sometimes stay under if I know I'm going to splurge on the weekend. Add me if you'd like!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    wow....that's really low. Are you sure you're counting correctly or have your daily intake correct?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 but only lose weight if closer to 1100, so I only eat back half my exercise calories and lowball my calorie burn. 5'2" and 62. It sucks!
  • jwcsanders
    jwcsanders Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm between 1000-1200 a day. Feel free to add me! Sometimes I need friends to keep me accountable! :)
    Hey Lady!
    I am in the same boat. Also, trying to get active, but having trouble finding the time. I would love an accountability buddy :)

• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I'm at 1200 but only lose weight if closer to 1100, so I only eat back half my exercise calories and lowball my calorie burn. 5'2" and 62. It sucks!

That's to low, you can be in starvation mode and you won't loose weight.. what is your lbs? And are you sedetary ?
  • Cate4035
    Cate4035 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 5'2, keep it between 1000-1200, feel free to add me too!
  • theskis93
    theskis93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 50 standing a tall 5' 0" (and that's pushing it). I try to keep under the 1,200 as well and do not eat my exercise calories. Back in my 20's I was overweight and I was put on an 800 calorie diet through the Weight Loss Clinic (so was monitored), and lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks. Younger, better metabolism, and being monitored was a plus.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    elizarizo wrote: »
    fiddletime wrote: »

That's to low, you can be in starvation mode and you won't loose weight.. what is your lbs? And are you sedetary ?

At her height and age, that goal is totally reasonable.
  • NewMeSM75
    Options
    I'm 42, 5 feet tall. I have a 1200 calorie goal. I eat some of my exercise calories back. It all depends on how I'm feeling. I started listening to my body. I will say when I first started, I ate around 1,000 calories and very little protein. My hair started coming out and I felt bad. Just be cautious. <3 Anyone can add.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It seems like a whole lot of people actually aren't eating enough to be healthy. My question would be are you losing weight? Do you feel rested and energized? We need calories to live too.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    And for those suggesting that being petite is a guarantee that one will have to eat 1200 or less in order to lose...

I'm 5'2, lost >30 lbs eating b/w 1600-1900 calories. Desk job and over forty...

As a wise rabbit used to say, the winner is the one who eats the most and still loses the weight...

I wish that were the case for me. I'm 5' with a desk job and over 40 and if I ate 1600-1900 calories a day I'd gain like crazy! I'm at 1000-1200 with a little more on weekends, but no where near the 1600-1900 you are. I WISH!
  • Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going by the MFP setup, or consulting a doctor before going under 1200 calories per day. I am 5'2" and I usually do 1200-1400 per day and I've lost 47 lbs so far. It's doable with more calories, and you won't have to worry about being hungry or not having enough energy all the time.
  • gmksek8199
    gmksek8199 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! im 1200 per day, active 3-4 times a week. looking to lose around 50
  • NewMeSM75
    Options
    It seems like a whole lot of people actually aren't eating enough to be healthy. My question would be are you losing weight? Do you feel rested and energized? We need calories to live too.

I agree to a certain extent. For myself, yes. I feel rested and energized. When I first started, I ate around 1,000 calories. I didn't focus on nutrients or macros. I was miserable. Like really miserable. I lost quickly. I've never quit (have taken steps back) but I've learned throughout the years. I've been doing this for 4 years. The longer I've been logging and on mfp, I learned to eat enough to fuel my body but also watch my macros. Specifically fiber (high cholesterol) and protein. I'm not much of a low carb but if I put most of my focus on high protein then I do okay on carbs. I'm not losing near as quick as before but I'm focusing more on how my clothes feel and my energy than a number on the scale. I figure if I log correct, the rest will fall into place. Most days I eat some of my exercise calories back but if I feel okay and not hungry, I don't. Gives me a little wiggle room for weekends if I choose to splurge.

For my age and height, my tdee is low. Yep, I've used 3 calculators. My TDEE is a little over 1300 calories. To reduce 20% actually puts me below 1200. It just depends on the person.