Armadillo Tribute Thread

Options

Replies

• Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Armadillos are also very heavy. For something about the size of a dachshund, they are very dense and heavy.

they are very effective speed bumps.

In German they're called panzerschwein. :)
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    Armadillos are also very heavy. For something about the size of a dachshund, they are very dense and heavy.

That's exactly how they look like lol. Armadillos are gross and should all go back to TX, where they belong
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @Speziface wrote: »

Did @MeeseeksAndDestroy tell you that?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    Great threads like this should not be buried on page 3 of chit chat.
  • hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love armadillos. And yes I know they are invasive and destructive and can carry leprosy, lol. I'm just jealous of anything that can roll itself into an armored ball to avoid its problems. My tribute tattoo for my dead granny includes an armadillo. :)
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    @hali1 wrote: »
    I love armadillos. And yes I know they are invasive and destructive and can carry leprosy, lol. I'm just jealous of anything that can roll itself into an armored ball to avoid its problems. My tribute tattoo for my dead granny includes an armadillo. :)

You need to post a pic of that.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    Speziface wrote: »

That's exactly how they look like lol. Armadillos are gross and should all go back to TX, where they belong

wait a minute, we've got plenty. it wouldn't be nice if we kept them all.
  • hali1
    Options

I should but I probably won't. It sounds like a lot of extra work honestly, getting someone to take the picture, getting that onto my computer, logging onto here on same computer. Ugh, who has time for that.

Plus, surely you can just take my word on it, right? What could be more trustworthy than a random stranger on the internet?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    edited April 2017
    Options

I should but I probably won't. It sounds like a lot of extra work honestly, getting someone to take the picture, getting that onto my computer, logging onto here on same computer. Ugh, who has time for that.

Plus, surely you can just take my word on it, right? What could be more trustworthy than a random stranger on the internet?

Abe Lincoln once said "don't believe everything you see on the internet"
  • hali1
    Options

Abe Lincoln once said "don't believe everything you see on the internet"

Abe knew what's up.

I may be on the computer tomorrow (the real one, not this little purse computer). If I already have a picture of my armadillo, I'll try to figure out how to get it uploaded.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    Wow, that "strip club" club thread got 213 responses in a few hours before being shut down. My poor armadillo thread is languishing on page 2 after 6 days.

We need nude armadillos!!!!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Wow, that "strip club" club thread got 213 responses in a few hours before being shut down. My poor armadillo thread is languishing on page 2 after 6 days.

Or ones that can use a pole!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I give up on trying to post gifs. It would have been appreciated too.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Or ones that can use a pole!

I prefer a classy armadillo wearing a pant suit. Or an evening gown with a nice pashmina

I figured you for more the cowboy and chaps armadillo type.

s2xf7idi6f33.jpg

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    "...and the friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen!"
    Cute critters ya got ..we don't have an equivalent

Yeah...but you have all of the marsupials!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    How can we forget Hanukkah armadillo!!!

tumblr_me20saWzQw1rrcahvo2_250.gif
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

I like your thread.

When my kids were little they had a stuffed armadillo for some reason. Probably because of this book:
    122erso3tg62.jpg

They called the armadillo a "marmadillo."

That's all I got.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    @Speziface wrote: »

Did @MeeseeksAndDestroy tell you that?

Nope. Just one of those things I happened to learn when I was stationed in Germany.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    "...and the friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen!"
    Cute critters ya got ..we don't have an equivalent

Yeah...but you have all of the marsupials!

True..lol
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    Bump.