Do any of you eat whatever you want to get the weight off, and will worry about nutrition later?

Options
13»

Replies

• KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. I've tried before watching macros but for me I find it too stressful. I do have a heathy home cooked fresh meal every evening and usually a healthy breakfast )porridge) but other than that I don't worry.

Losing weight is hard enough. And I have to lose it in a way that i Can maintain for ever, for the first time in my life I'm being successful.

I've had a healthy dinner tonight, then just eaten chocolate biscuit, plain digestive, and chocolate truffle!

Lost 80lbs in 11 month so something is working

Congrats on the loss, that is fantastic!! :) Yes, I so agree with what you said about weight loss being hard enough without worrying about everything else. I think those were my exact thoughts as I wrote this post.
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply to my post. I do enjoy many healthy foods. I think I am just feeling rebellious right now, coming off of WW. lol I do think that it's all about balance/everything in moderation. My eating really is pretty healthy (although I can certainly up my vegetable intake). I'll keep plugging along, trying my very best to eat a balanced diet while still making room for those cookies. ;)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    paying attention to nutrition is vital for clear thinking and healthy body functions... it also helps someone with a reduced calorie intake to avoid binge eating and cravings...MY bone to pick with OP is about target weight... be more concerned with body composition.. percent body fat v. percent lean mass ( muscle) that is a better metric with respect to gauging your personal health and need to manage your nutrition. you can be at a "healthy weight and have far less muscle mass than you should... healthy body composition will lead to far better things than being at a "target weight"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    If your goal is straight weight loss then sure; however if you care about overall health and body composition get proper nutrition and hit macros.....
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and fit, not thin, so I try to get the most bang for my caloric buck.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've lost over a 100 pounds eating whatever type of food I want at any given time. What's changed is the portion size and how I make my choices. If I eat pizza for lunch, it's a light dinner. If I have an event to go to, I bank calories for it. I don't limit my food choices ever. I'd go nuts if all I ate were chicken, rice, veg, and water.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want within my calorie goal. I am losing at a rate of .5-1 pound a week and I have 3 slices of pizza every Friday night for dinner with a salad. I also usually have a dairy queen chocolate dipped cone once a week as well. I just plan my days accordingly to make sure that these items can fit in or that I exercise a bit extra to make room for more calories.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For the first 50 lbs I did. Somewhere down the line I started focusing on macros and micros, but for the most part I ate nothing but Taco Bell, Chick-Fil-A, and frozen meals, which is what I had been eating but in a greater quantity.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want within my calorie goal, not really sweating the macros, so long as I'm within 20% either way of where I should be. However, at my last checkup, my hemoglobin was 115, which is borderline-to-below average for a woman. I checked my micros and noticed that I'm generally not hitting my RDA of iron. So, last week, I switched sugar for iron on my diary page. And now that I'm mindful, it doesn't take much to get my RDA in. A serving or two of dry cereal for a snack (Quaker Corn Squares gives me 30% in 30 grams). I'm snacking on more veggie dogs than string cheese. I'm hitting it. We'll see if it helps my bloodwork next checkup.

But for the rest? I eat a balanced diet. I'm mostly where I ought to be. And if some days I overdo the carbs, other days I go over protein. It works out.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I am very careful with the types of food I eat to lose weight! But I am sensitive to sugar so I have to avoid sugars, grains, and processed foods during the day to avoid energy dips and food cravings. I have double the energy if I cut grains, sugar and alcohol for a few days too, which helps me be more active and exercise more.