Getting desperate...

Options
I am considering taking weight loss pills to get these last 10 lbs off, because what I'm doing now isn't working. I tried the 30 day shred, and I wasn't losing inches or weight. Now I'm back to cardio, and that isn't really making a difference either. I eat back exercise calories, and have been netting at about 1100 or 1200.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im not sure what to advise to be honest but know the feeling. Just dont give up, the scale will start moving again.

Maybe have a week low carbs? and high protein?. Zig zag your calories up and down each day? Change you exercise pattern?

x
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    For the last ten pounds, you should be eating significantly more. Have you used MFP's BMR calculator? You need to be netting at least that number.
  • glittergeisha
    Options
    Don't eat back the excercise calories. I asked my doctor about that (he is familiar with the app). Try that for a week and see what happens. Avoid the diet pill thing at all costs. BEEN THERE> so addicting.
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree--you may not be eating enough
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it. If you absolutely must, get them from your doctor. Don't bother with the OTC ones.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I say you are not eating enough and you should up your strength training.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I would try mixing up calories and maybe what you eat.. From what your diary says, you are basically eating the same thing for each meal, everyday. Your body might be used to your Morningstar lunch and pb&j dinner every night. Maybe try a high protein day and then a high carb day... etc...
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    try the ultimate ny diet by david kirsch. it's doable and i saw results.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am considering taking weight loss pills to get these last 10 lbs off, because what I'm doing now isn't working. I tried the 30 day shred, and I wasn't losing inches or weight. Now I'm back to cardio, and that isn't really making a difference either. I eat back exercise calories, and have been netting at about 1100 or 1200.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Add strenght training to your routine. The more muscle you have, the better fat metabolism you will have, and you will be able to get rid of the last little bit.
    You might try pilates too. I didn't lose pounds this week, but I lost 6 1/4 inches just doing pilates.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    If you are only netting 1100-1200 right now, I would not stop eating exercise calories. That could make you gain.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to take these diet pills forever? If not, then what makes you think you won't put the 10 lbs right back on once you stop?
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Last 10 pounds are always the hardest. Taking pills may get you there... BUT... what happens when you quit taking them? Some are addictive, some have other health consequences... How much will they screw up your metabolism?

Try shaking up your workout schedule. Strength training helps, but you may need to go to High Intensity Intervals to get the most burn.
  • kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would try mixing up calories and maybe what you eat.. From what your diary says, you are basically eating the same thing for each meal, everyday. Your body might be used to your Morningstar lunch and pb&j dinner every night. Maybe try a high protein day and then a high carb day... etc...

I eat the pb& j almost every day because its the only the thing I can take to work with me, really. I don't get a meal break or anything so it has to be something I can eat behind the desk.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    eat more. just DONT take diet pills. they'll mess up your heart, give you the shakes, and then you'll gain back everything you lose. its a waste of money.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pills won't do anything. I have said this several times, you need to eat more and do more weight training. Cardio will not do it. Additionally, you can't expect a lot of results quickly with the last 10 lbs. It can take 6 months before you see good results.

Also, if you want a program that will really push your exercise and get you the results, spend your money on p90x and follow their meal plan.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    can you take baby carrots and celery? Those are pretty easy to pack.