Don't take it personal

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    sorry if I said something wrong :) let's keep moving :)

Why do you think you said something wrong?

Why not join the discussion in your other threads (I only recall one other one, but I know there were some questions to you). I don't think anyone was offended or taking anything personally, but we were responding to the topic.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    We have a free community right?everybody can write and think whatever they want without of course offending anybody...everyone should choose the best weight gain or loss for themselves...kisses people and never stop believing in yourself

Wrong. You have to be within the site's guidelines or you get your posts altered/deleted, warnings if reported by enough people, and/or banned if enough warnings are on your account.

It's why I post stupid gifs.

For example, it is against the forum rules to post that someone is trolling.

This is totally correct. Even if someone is completely trolling, you cant call them on it.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Keep moving toward what
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    We have a free community right?everybody can write and think whatever they want without of course offending anybody...everyone should choose the best weight gain or loss for themselves...kisses people and never stop believing in yourself

Preferentially on-topic for the forum, I would think. And we can't expect everyone will agree with what we say.

And you certainly can't guarantee no one will be offended!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Uh... is this a mean people thread? I'm confused.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Sure you can write whatever you want on here, but if you're wrong you'll be called out on it

"Wrong" who gets to decide that? Weight loss is a crazy thing, there is not a one size fits all answer to it, so it's pretty hard to determine what "wrong" is, isn't it?
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bobbie8786 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Sure you can write whatever you want on here, but if you're wrong you'll be called out on it

"Wrong" who gets to decide that? Weight loss is a crazy thing, there is not a one size fits all answer to it, so it's pretty hard to determine what "wrong" is, isn't it?

Maybe should've left out the "if you're wrong." Whatever you post, someone may call you out.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.