Lifting Programs

Options
I recently downloaded the Stronglifts 5x5 app and love how easy it is to track workouts and progression. I've tried a few other apps but they were too confusing, trying too hard to sell something, or required way too much time to program a workout.

Are there any other apps like Stronglifts that you'd recommend?

Replies

• ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I will have to look at that one - I don't seem to have any luck with them pen n paper
  • foindete
    foindete Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used Stronglifts for over a year now and I am just about ready to move on to Madcows. Stronglifts is a great program and has worked for me. I suggest you find one program and stick with it for six months.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Loved the Stronglifts app, and when I went to move on to an intermediate program, I couldn't find a similarly easy app. I ended up using BodySpace app (you have to have a bodybuilding.com account) and loading Layne Norton's PH3 program into it.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts app is good - if you're doing stronglifts. Once you're completed your linear progression and move to an intermediate program, you're going to need that flexibility in exercise choices and programming.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't think of stronglifts as an app...It's a program. There are a lot of programs, some maybe suiting your needs better than others depending on your goals. Not all programs are apps lol.
  • ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wendler 5/3/1 has a handy app.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ocrXfitter wrote: »

There's not an official app, though...unless it's new? I was using an app that had a wendler-esque option because of that... "big lifts" I think it was called.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    klrenn wrote: »
    ocrXfitter wrote: »

There's not an official app, though...unless it's new? I was using an app that had a wendler-esque option because of that... "big lifts" I think it was called.

Yeah it's not an official app. It's important to have an understanding of Jim's programming and read the book and his blog posts before running 5/3/1 and logging with the app
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll look into some of those. I understand the SL app just sports their program. I guess I'm looking for both things, a plan and a good app to track it. The SL program is a way better plan than I've had, but the app is basically only good for tracking that program. I was playing with bodybuilding.com's app but it was really busy and I switch to a pad of paper. But with the notebook I was back to no plan.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I found the P.H.U.L program and App to be just as good and well designed as the SL 5x5. I do kind of a hybrid of both programs now
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I don't think of stronglifts as an app...It's a program. There are a lot of programs, some maybe suiting your needs better than others depending on your goals. Not all programs are apps lol.

There is an app, that tracks the program for you. It's fantastic.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

There is an app, that tracks the program for you. It's fantastic.

Yes. I know this. But Stronglifts firstly is a program. Not just "an app".
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The StrongLifts app is bomb. It would be awesome too see an app that is similar but you can program what you need to do according to whatever programming you follow. I'm still a baby lifter so I've got a ways to go with SL (whew!)
  • katytrail1
    katytrail1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    all pro beginner, simple, dont need an app. there is a spreadsheet available to see your lifts over the long term. i like that i can do the program without wasting time, or needing about how much, how Many reps, etc. reps and lifts are same all week. what changes is heavy, med, or light day.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    katytrail1 wrote: »
    all pro beginner, simple, dont need an app. there is a spreadsheet available to see your lifts over the long term. i like that i can do the program without wasting time, or needing about how much, how Many reps, etc. reps and lifts are same all week. what changes is heavy, med, or light day.

Agree about the simplicity of All Pro's but, there's an app for it also. On PlayStore called AllPro.