breakfast and snack

Options
I get board with food and looking for ideas.....
Need ideas for quick breakfast and snacks that I can eat at my desk at work

Replies

• lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I find porridge is great for breakfast and you can buy snackpots which are great for at your desk. Snacks - I usually take fruit or have cereal bars (low calorie).
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    I just found Aunt Jemima oatmeal pancakes in the freezer section! They are GREAT! About 80 calories each and they fill you up!
  • anberlingasm
    anberlingasm Posts: 177
    Options
    I like toast for breakfast; if you can get a 'Danish' style loaf, it's only 55 calories a slice. I have mine with pate (50 cals) because it makes for a filling breakfast and doesn't hit the calories too hard.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Almonds, triscuts, soy nuts, string cheese, strawberries,
  • tassit
    tassit Posts: 7
    Options
    I could never leave the house without eating breakfast. A bowl of oatmeal with rasins and maple syrup or a bowl of multigrain cheerios.
    Snacks: You could go yogurt and granola or something similar.
  • HoLynne
    HoLynne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's fiber plus bars, dark chocolate with almonds. Yum, I think they are only like 130 calories.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I carry alot of fruit. I'm not much on nuts, but I can snack on fruit all day.

A quick breakfast I like to do is a slice of toast with nutella and sliced bananas. It is very good, and it fills you up until snacktime.
  • Nturro
    Nturro Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a light eater for breakfast. I eat a banana every morning because the Potassium reduces cramps from working out. I couple that with a Multi-grain English Muffin with light butter or Jelly, A bowl of Wheaties or Multi-grain Cheerios, or sometimes I will grab a chobani yogurt or yoplait smoothie. I usually eat no more than 300 calories for breakfast.

As for snacking, I love Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds as a quick grab! A handful is very satisfying and certainly makes my sweet tooth happy. I also enjoy hummus with carrots or pretzels and quaker 100 calorie granola bars. 100 calorie packs have also never steered me wrong and I always keep a box of them at work in case I get hungry. I hope this is helpful!
  • keschuh79
    keschuh79 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thomas's bagel thins are wonderful! 110 calories and you can put anything you want on them. Jam, hummus, cream cheese, laughing cow cheese. The possibilities are endless. Finally a bagel option that's healthy!