A Good Alcohol Drink For Diet?

Options

Replies

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I drink what I want but then get up and run the next morning. How far I run depends on how many calories I go over my limit. It's usually 10 miles
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you were to allocate say 300 kcal for alcohol, you could have (approximately)
    - 2-2.5 beers (personally prefer darker beers)
    - 2-3 diet vodka sodas with lime (depends on #oz) or any other similar diet soda + liqueur drink
    - 4 shots of hard liqueur

Depending on your threshold, it won't get you drunk (except the shots), but you can enjoy yourself.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Fermented hops.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Vodka or gin - makes for a delightful martini!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Tito's w/seltzer, lime, and a splash of cranberry is my go to drink of choice except for today. Today it will be margaritas - and I will enjoy every sip.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I go for the "sustainable buzz".

Hard Liquor shot + beer to nurse and sparkling water.

My all time favorite combo for a night out is:
    • Jameson Irish Whiskey - 69 calories in a 1 shot
    • O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale - 260 calories 1 pint

That way I am highly buzzed early and taper off nicely and end up pretty much legally sober before it's time to head out.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    kayeroze wrote: »
    If you were to allocate say 300 kcal for alcohol, you could have (approximately)
    - 2-3 diet vodka sodas with lime (depends on #oz) or any other similar diet soda + liqueur drink

Depending on your threshold, it won't get you drunk (except the shots), but you can enjoy yourself.

Since zero calorie soda has ... zero calories.. why would mixing it with the shot of vodka reduce the number of shots of vodka that fit within 300 calories?
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and club soda, but I do better overall with weight loss when I do not drink alcohol at all. I don't eat more (fact) when I am drinking, but the extra calories add up quickly and it's kind of like having a few spoonfuls of sugar from a nutritional standpoint... You can eat sensibly all day, exercise and then have three cocktails and suddenly, you've just reconsumed your deficit for the day!
  • Ksm7767
    Ksm7767 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Titos handmade vodka has half the calories of regular vodka. Mix that with seltzer water (0 cal) and mio (or another 0 cal water flavorer) and bam! Tastes good too becauze you can add as much mio as you like.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Since zero calorie soda has ... zero calories.. why would mixing it with the shot of vodka reduce the number of shots of vodka that fit within 300 calories?

It depends on the number of vodka oz's. There is a difference in calories between 1.5 oz and 3. At 1.5 oz you're looking at around 100 kcal for the drink and at 3 oz you're looking at 200ish. How it's made affects how many drinks you can have.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    vodka + diet soda
  • BrooklynBooty
    BrooklynBooty Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    White rum and diet coke/pepsi....in my research it's the lowest calorie drink and lowest sugar drink I could find that I liked.

But of course none is the correct answer :wink:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    If you must have beer, go with Guinness...only 125 calories and MUCH better than any of those horrendous light beers.

^^This
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Mich Ultras!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try none and see how your weight loss goes
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i wont be a party pooper and tell you not to drink at all B) i usually do a flavored rum or vodka and a diet soda. Considering I don't drink that often anymore sometime I will splurge and just have a regular drink.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't drink and frankly, I think all people would be better off leaving the stuff alone, but based on some of the recent posts, it seems like apple cider is the current drink of choice.

apple cider has alot of carbs. Which sucks, because it is so good.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options

It depends on the number of vodka oz's. There is a difference in calories between 1.5 oz and 3. At 1.5 oz you're looking at around 100 kcal for the drink and at 3 oz you're looking at 200ish. How it's made affects how many drinks you can have.

But unless you're ordering a double vs. a shot, the 1.5 oz pour is the same number of calories whether it's in a shot glass, neat, or with ice and club soda...
    Mich Ultras!

Like sex in a canoe.