Group for people wanting to lose 15 pounds -September

Options

Replies

• RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
    So it would be cool if everyone introduces themselves, goals and workouts to help give other members ideas
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am going to a wedding sept 21st n I want to look and feel great. I'm in

I am doing jillian michaels 30 day shred. I walk my dogs and am running (when I'm not injured) training for a half marathon in November :O
  • RosieGB33nz
    Options
    Thats awesome!! How are you finding Jillian Michaels? I tried to do it last month but was so sore after the first day i had to rest for 2 days and decided to try it later.... I would love to do it 30 days in a row, its just finding the time.
  • kaycee526
    kaycee526 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • DECAFLiving
    DECAFLiving Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 6kg to go and it's the hardest 6kg!

I dabble in running. intense yogo and 30DS.

Could definately do with the support!
  • peaceandlovejm
    Options
    I could benefit from this group. It will help kickstart my goal. Hope I can help others as well!

I am looking to loose my pregnancy weight and more. I am in desperate need of getting in better health and shape.

I currently walk an hour at least 4 times a day, with my son in the front carrier.
    and am planning to start the couch to 5k running program next week.

Any ideas on other exercise's for beginners?

Good Luck to All!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! How are you finding Jillian Michaels? I tried to do it last month but was so sore after the first day i had to rest for 2 days and decided to try it later.... I would love to do it 30 days in a row, its just finding the time.

actually not too bad but I just bought 3kg weights instead of1kg she is a bit of a nut case tho!!!!!!
  • frankmmafreak
    frankmmafreak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Posting my first set of results:
    Weight - 204 (I have only been on this site for one week, but it's been a week and a half since I weighed in at 210) I'm not extremely happy with that number, but only because I'm doing a weight loss competition with my wife at her place of employment and I don't like to lose.

Measurements - Body fat % - 24.4 :mad: ; Neck - 18; Chest - 45; "Gut" - 42 :noway: ; Waist - 39.5; Bicep - 16; Thigh - 22.5; Calf - 16

Well, that's it.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I'm hoping to lose another 10-15, though it's coming off slowly. I am doing couch to 5K 3 times a week, and will likely add back some TurboFire on the off days.

Please feel free to add me! Always looking to offer and receive support! :)
  • all76
    all76 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Is it to late to join?? I would love to lose 15 lbs. My current weight is 140 and I would love to be back at 125! I am currently on day 4 of the 30 day shred and starting tomorrow I am going to begin the c25k. Good luck everyone!!!
  • RosieGB33nz
    Options
    Posting my first set of results:
    Weight - 204 (I have only been on this site for one week, but it's been a week and a half since I weighed in at 210) I'm not extremely happy with that number, but only because I'm doing a weight loss competition with my wife at her place of employment and I don't like to lose.

Measurements - Body fat % - 24.4 :mad: ; Neck - 18; Chest - 45; "Gut" - 42 :noway: ; Waist - 39.5; Bicep - 16; Thigh - 22.5; Calf - 16

Well, that's it.

Thats brilliant!! I always think when i see an un happy loss... at least its a loss and not a gain so be happy with it!!
  • RosieGB33nz
    Options
    I had my weight day today, not measurements.. ...... we had snow so my measurement lady was not at work!

Current weight: 64.9 kgs / 143 pounds

Last weigh in: 67 kgs / 147.7 pounds

Pretty happy with this loss as its the first time i have really made a dent in the weight loss!! Only 7-8 pounds left and i will be almost at my goal weight but i would be happy with 7-8 pounds!

How is everyone else going?
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm in too.

I'm doing 30 day shred too, it's great. The arms are the killer for me. Did day 5 this morning. I was worried about fitting it in too, but decided just to get up 30minutes earlier and then you feel great for the day and already know you can eat that little bit more during the day.
    I also cycle around 25-25mins few times a week and have a 15-20 min walk to the station 2x a day.
    I did run for a bit, but had to stop that as I am still recovering from tendon surgery. But I think I want to do C25K if my physio lets me.
    Oh, and I tried Wii Fit yoga over the weekend.. a little boring, but I guess also good to do every now and then.

I measure on wednesdays.
  • ydeemar
    ydeemar Posts: 44
    Options
    You have room for 1 more? I just joined MFP yesterday, I'm actually looking for a motivation as I've working out for the past 2 weeks and instead of my weight going down it went up 1kg. :-(

my current weight is 64kg my goal weight is 55kg, i've heard of 30 day shred only yesterday and want to try it - i'll start tonight..
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My weight is still up from my last weigh in- 149.6. I took new measurements this morning though, and I am losing inches in my legs and hips. :bigsmile:

Bust: 36
    Waist 27.5
    Hips: 39.5

Today is Week 4, Day 1 of C25K for me. :)
  • smahaney1
    smahaney1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Current weight on 07/25/11: 186
    Goal weight on 09/08/11: 175 (Maui here I come!)

Bust: 38
    Waist: 33 3/4
    Hips: 43
    Thigh: 35
    Bicep: 13
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    AH! Just came across this post and I am SO in! I really think that it helps when its you get motiviation from others, but I think its even better when your working towards the same goal! :)
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea to me...
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    So just to get everyone started....who had a really good/ hard workout today!?? I know its kind of early, but I just finished my workout and boy, it was a killer. Today was my first day of increasing my workout routine. I ran 1/2 miles and walked 2 miles in 30 mins. Then I did some weights and crunches. Gosh I thought running the 1/2 mile was going to be dreadful, but suprisingly it wasnt and I feel confident that I may just be able to start running 4 miles a day again! Slowly but surely I will get there! :)
  • RosieGB33nz
    Options
    Todays workout was walk2run2 for 50 minutes, first thing this morning.
    Im thinking of cutting down my cardio and doing 10-15 minutes of weights every 2nd day..... its an idea