need help!!!

Options
EDTake2
EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
I am going to a team lunch/celebration with my coworkers and we are going to Fogo de chao (Brazilian Steakhouse/buffet style) and I have no idea how to measure. What do I do? need some ideas. should i stick to veggies? use the spoon as measuring unit for rice? thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    EDTake2 wrote: »
    I am going to a team lunch/celebration with my coworkers and we are going to Fogo de chao (Brazilian Steakhouse/buffet style) and I have no idea how to measure. What do I do? need some ideas. should i stick to veggies? use the spoon as measuring unit for rice? thanks in advance!!!!

Avoid the fried food. Try to get Mongolian style as at least that's cooked in front of you and you know what you're eating. Look for the veggies and keep it simple with grilled chicken, green beans etc. Maybe have some sushi too but be aware of all the underlying fat and butter hidden in everything. You're going to guesstimate how much you're eating. Be mindful and just don't make a habit out of doing this every week so it doesn't through you off.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    First of all, Fogo de Chao is amazing!! Have fun! It's also expensive, so seriously, if I were you I would specifically try to enjoy myself and not stress out too much. :) They do have tons of fresh fruit, soup, veggies, and other lower-calorie options to fill up on. Still, have some of the fun stuff (it's Fogo De Chao, after all!), make the best visual estimate you can, and have fun!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat reasonably, don't log it...you know what is going to have high calorie counts....limit it. Some days you just enjoy and do a little harder workout.

I feel like sometimes we get so wrapped up in logging we forget to enjoy life.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    Eat reasonably, don't log it...you know what is going to have high calorie counts....limit it. Some days you just enjoy and do a little harder workout.

I feel like sometimes we get so wrapped up in logging we forget to enjoy life.

Agree with this! It's one meal. I'm sure you have a good idea of what's a calorie bomb and what is more reasonable. Some people take a pic of their plate and use it to estimate and log later. If anything, I'd just quick add some calories that seem reasonable and be done with it.
  • monstar4kc
    monstar4kc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would just make a sensible looking plate consisting of mainly protein and fresh vegetables and then log it later when you get back to the office. Fogo de Chao is crazy good but stay away from their mashed potatoes and other high-calorie foods. Go crazy at that salad bar but avoid the various cheeses and go green!
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have no self control at places like that. Do they have that delicious Brazilian cheese bread? I'd can eat a bout a dozen of those and still want more.

Anyway, you could use the standard measuring estimations so many diet plans tell you to use
    A cup of rice, potatoes or pasta is about the size of a tennis ball. A half cup is about the size of a muffin tin liner.
    An ounce of cheese is about the size of your whole thumb.
    A tsp. of butter is about the size of the tip of your finger (or the size of a stamp as thick as your finger tip). A tablespoon, the tip of your thumb.
    3 ounces of cooked meat, fish or poultry is about the size of a deck of cards or your palm.
    3 ounces of grilled fish is about the size of a checkbook.
    2 tablespoons of salad dressing is about the size of a ping pong ball.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I say just eat what you want and enjoy yourself since it is a celebration and be mindful for the rest of the day and get back on "track" tomorrow.
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! a lot of helpful ideas...i will use them : ) and at the same time enjoy the time and the food!!!