A Good Alcohol Drink For Diet?

Options

Replies

• YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I prefer Captain and Coke Zero. I generally stick to hard liqueur as you get more alcohol for fewer calories. ;)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Bell's Hopslam
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    No alcohol is best for a diet. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram and NO nutritional value.

^^This - totally.
    Alcohol is pretty much the most calorie dense thing to consume and provides your body with nothing else besides those calories.
    If you are trying to lose weight, the whole point is to consume less calories. Alcoholic drinks are the least effective way to achieve this.
    The only truth is that some types are far worse than others, but there is no such thing as a good alcoholic drink for dieting.

You sound like fun.

Snorted out loud.

And honestly, as much as I joked about drinking a bottle of wine, I'm not a big drinker and even less so while cutting but to each their own. Cutting it out entirely isn't for everyone and judging someone just because they want to be able to fit a few drinks into their life is pretty ridiculous. It's not like OP is asking how to maintain being an alcoholic while losing weight. Geez.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    Try none and see how your weight loss goes

No thanks I'll struggle
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    kayeroze wrote: »
    If you were to allocate say 300 kcal for alcohol, you could have (approximately)
    - 2-2.5 beers (personally prefer darker beers)
    - 2-3 diet vodka sodas with lime (depends on #oz) or any other similar diet soda + liqueur drink
    - 4 shots of hard liqueur

Depending on your threshold, it won't get you drunk (except the shots), but you can enjoy yourself.

Since zero calorie soda has ... zero calories.. why would mixing it with the shot of vodka reduce the number of shots of vodka that fit within 300 calories?

It depends on the number of vodka oz's. There is a difference in calories between 1.5 oz and 3. At 1.5 oz you're looking at around 100 kcal for the drink and at 3 oz you're looking at 200ish. How it's made affects how many drinks you can have.

But unless you're ordering a double vs. a shot, the 1.5 oz pour is the same number of calories whether it's in a shot glass, neat, or with ice and club soda...
    Mich Ultras!

Like sex in a canoe.

I'm not arguing against that. If it's a standard drink, diet, then op can have more. But say op makes their own drink and adds more liqueur, then they should have less drinks to compensate for whatever allocation they give themselves.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Titos handmade vodka has half the calories of regular vodka. Mix that with seltzer water (0 cal) and mio (or another 0 cal water flavorer) and bam! Tastes good too becauze you can add as much mio as you like.

Tito's does NOT have half the calories of regular vodka. They are all the same within a couple of calories. The only thing that will change this is proof. A 100 proof vodka...of any brand...will have more calories than an 80 proof vodka.

Flavored vodkas may differ...I'm talking about unflavored vodka.

This impacts beer as well, though there is MUCH more variation. High alcohol content beers have many more calories than a lower alcohol beer of the same style.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Im a fan of tequila on the rocks with a squirt of lime juice.
  • rustychord
    rustychord Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 40 lbs since Jan 9 and I drink beer, rum, vodka, wine, tequilla, fireball - well, i drink it all whenever i want to. Just gotta monitor your calories and log everything. I dont allow myself a drink unless I go to the gym that day also.

If i use mixers they are always 0 calories. They say clear alcohol has less calories than darker alcohol not sure why.
  • luxure
    luxure Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I go for the "sustainable buzz".

Hard Liquor shot + beer to nurse and sparkling water.

My all time favorite combo for a night out is:
    • Jameson Irish Whiskey - 69 calories in a 1 shot
    • O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale - 260 calories 1 pint

That way I am highly buzzed early and taper off nicely and end up pretty much legally sober before it's time to head out.

LOVE boilermakers!
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sweet Tea Vodka with either water or unsweetened iced tea and a lemon wedge. Keeps the hangover away too! Haha

Yes!! This is my go-to lately: Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka with Unsweetened Iced Tea but I ADD a shot of 1800 Coconut Tequila :wink: which add to the calories - but it taste sooo good!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Devils Milk.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

That is awesome. Thank you!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    My favorite low cal drinks when I'm drinking and in a deficit
    Tequila and soda water splash of lime
    Rum and diet tonic
    Whiskey and diet 7up
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,660 Member
    Options
    If you were to allocate say 300 kcal for alcohol, you could have (approximately)
    - 2-3 diet vodka sodas with lime (depends on #oz) or any other similar diet soda + liqueur drink

Depending on your threshold, it won't get you drunk (except the shots), but you can enjoy yourself.

Since zero calorie soda has ... zero calories.. why would mixing it with the shot of vodka reduce the number of shots of vodka that fit within 300 calories?

'Cause arithmetic is hard after you have 2-3, probably? ;)

Agree that hard liquor is the most efficient calorically, but if you don't like it, even with soda, wine spritzers (wine + soda) are another alternative. Just to stay on topic, I mean.

Personally, I'd rather drink real water than light beer, so I need some workout calories to fit in a decent IPA and still hit my macros.
  • jo_escolano
    jo_escolano Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Vodka, water and crystal light.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Something without added sugar and that isn't sugary to begin with. Hard liquor mixed with a diet beverage

bwahaha - Maybe his local bartender does a particularly heavy pour into the tumblers.
  • katrinanne
    katrinanne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just had a lunch party and had margarita - ugh, I totally can feel the sugar and alcohol after being really attentive to what I have been eating since I started logging....5 days ago... I drank a ton of water but feel so blaaa... I really think cutting out alcohol probably would really help, just don't want to be a party pooper lol
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

It depends on the number of vodka oz's. There is a difference in calories between 1.5 oz and 3. At 1.5 oz you're looking at around 100 kcal for the drink and at 3 oz you're looking at 200ish. How it's made affects how many drinks you can have.

Where can I find this bartender that does a 3 oz pour by default?
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I drink pure blonde beer. 90 calories per 350ml. And I exercise the day I no I'm going to drink to allow a few more calories.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »

Where can I find this bartender that does a 3 oz pour by default?

Right?