starving!

Options
Starving even after eating breakfast,. Could eat the whole fridge what shoul. I do lol

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    1. What was your breakfast?
    2. What is your calorie goal?
    3. What are your stats? (M/F), weight?
    4. Have you recently started an exercise routine?
    5. Any other drastic changes to your routine?
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

1.) Home made egg white delight with turkey bacon
    2.)F , 265
    4,) no
    5.) No

• jgnatca
    Options
    Your breakfast looks a little light. Are you going low carb?
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Eat more for breakfast, include the egg yolks :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast looks low in fat. Some people feel better with more fat. Have you considered using the whole egg? How many calories are you eating during the day? If you can afford to increase your calorie budget this may help.
    Are you new to weight loss? Sometimes it takes a bit of getting used to.
    Are you anywhere near your period? Some women feel very hungry right before period and during ovulation.
  • weightloss_acc
    Options
    I grabbed some chips and salsa. I feel bab about it. But i dont feel hungry.
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with hunger, up your fat intake to around 50-60%, lower your carbs to around 10-20% figure what's best for your plan (after 2-3days this will eliminate any cravings and most hunger) drink more water, eat whole foods not just sweets, that should fix it, goodluck
  • Beth150Ann
    Beth150Ann Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I saw a nutritionist and she said you should always try to get at least three of the four building blocks in each meal. Building blocks are Fruits, grains, vegetables and protein (she recommended using dairy for snacks).

I would add in (next time) vegetables (my fav would to make a messy omelette with spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms) using 1 whole egg and egg whites and a 100 calorie slim bun or just 1 piece of regular bread or some potatoes. I only saw her once and will be going back but her main point seemed to be do not let yourself get too hungry -- keep your sugar level consistent. She was really into the myplate.gov (which I have to read up on).

I feel your pain about being hungry afterwards. I'm drinking my 1/2 decaf coffee and /regular water right now or will properly go to lime flavored sparking water soon. My snack should be about 10/1030 and that will be Greek yogurt w/little granola and a small apple mixed in w/everything.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    It looks like you solved it, and you didn't eat the whole fridge. What is there to feel bad about?

Sometimes hunger feels like a tidal wave and the best way to keep from being overwhelmed is to eat just enough.

Other times I eat automatically or just out of boredom. That I need to fight.
  • weightloss_acc
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

1.) Home made egg white delight with turkey bacon
    2.)F , 265
    4,) no
    5.) No

You should be starving. Look at your mfp Home page to see what your daily calorie budget is. Divide it by 3.
    Subtract your breakfast from 1/3 of your daily calorie budget, then eat breakfast again.

True. But i also eat snacks. I work night shift. Its 9:29 am. I go in at 11:pm and get off at 7 Am
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Don't feel bad! This is actually a good thing because you can learn from it it. Since this appears to have solved the issue for you, what does this mean?

Brainstorm a bit:
    Chips have fat, so maybe you need fat to control hunger?
    Chips also have carbs, so maybe your breakfast was too low in carbs to control hunger (you didn't mention if you had your eggs on bread)?
    Salsa has fiber and volume, so maybe you are a volume eater or need fiber to control hunger?

Next time experiment and see if adding fat, carbs, or fiber to your meal helps and if you would do well to add a few veggies for volume. Once you find out what helps you, you will be better equipped when designing your meals.
  • weightloss_acc
    Options

Don't feel bad! This is actually a good thing because you can learn from it it. Since this appears to have solved the issue for you, what does this mean?

Brainstorm a bit:
    Chips also have carbs, so maybe your breakfast was too low in carbs to control hunger (you didn't mention if you had your eggs on bread)?
    Salsa has fiber and volume, so maybe you are a volume eater or need fiber to control hunger?

Next time experiment and see if adding fat, carbs, or fiber to your meal helps and if you would do well to add a few veggies for volume. Once you find out what helps you, you will be better equipped when designing your meals.

Will do!, i dont think the chips hurt my diet i didnt eat much

• weightloss_acc
    Options
    N,
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Brainstorm a bit:

Will do!, i dont think the chips hurt my diet i didnt eat much

Learn to think in the long term. In the course of the week, what effect would those chips have on your deficit, assuming you stay on track? Virtually none (definitely none if you work them into your calorie goal for the day!)

I'd also suggest playing with your macros. The breakfast you listed is very low fat and carb. Eat the whole egg - egg yolks are nutritious and delicious! I'm not a fan of turkey bacon, so I'd swap it out for the real thing too. The calorie difference is minimal for the taste improvement. Add a slice of toast, some fruit or veggies, or a small bowl of oatmeal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,041 Member
    Options
    Yeah, add a little salsa and cheese to that meal tomorrow. I definitely need fat with every meal.

My breakfast today is steak and eggs with spinach, tomato, mushrooms, onion and cheese and a 100g potato and toast with butter. You gotta eat!! I find two largish meals to be my sweet spot for calories. 600-800 calories per meal. If I exercise I have a 200-300 calorie snack too. Otherwise if I eat too little, I'm back in the kitchen in two hours. (or less)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    How long had it been since you had a meal while working? Don't go too long between meals/snacks.....till you figure out what works for you,on your schedule.Some ppl use high fiber shakes or bars & love them.Others prefer a full plate of food.Find out what fruits are filling & works with your plan.

Choose your veggie 1st....lots of them,then protein,with carbs last.My fav breakfast is fresh or canned mushrooms.....sliced onion & green or red peppers.Cook to your liking,stir in 1or 2 whole eggs & same of egg whites.Add lots of seasoning.Sprinkle with a TBL of Parmesan.Your side veggie can be anything you like,served plain.

As you go along,your body will become used to your lower calories,just don't go too low.That sets you up to be too hungry & none of us can stick with that.Good luck.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Experiment to see what works best for you. If I have oatmeal- even with protein powder and peanut butter I am hungry! And that's like 500 calories.

My normal breakfast is an egg or two, or an egg with extra whites. And bran cereal. This keeps me for about 3-4 hours. At about 280 calories (including milk and my coffee). And since I know this is a good choice for me, I eat it everyday.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and turkey bacon? I'd be starving, too. People have given some really good advice already though, so try and experiment and reevaluate your food choices...

My work week breakfast is an oatmeal with peanut butter and chocolate, so fat and carbs. Keeps me full for longer while being a whole 420cals. I also drink a lot of water and coffee, which help with hunger pangs between meals.