lift while loosing weight or after?

I am a female and i was wondering if it would be better to loose weight then lift. Weights or do both at the same time? :)

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Same time.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Yes, what Cortelli said, it's easier to maintain muscle than build it, so start with the strength training as soon as possible, you don't need to join a gym, you can look up some bodyweight routines and start there if you want.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Liiiiift! Lift heavy! Lift now!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Both.
  • teecesay
    teecesay Posts: 5 Member
    lift now
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Always start strength from the beginning
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Definitely- learn from my mistakes! I wish I had started lifting from the beginning.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Why is lifting necessary from the start?
  • WeightLoss3809
    WeightLoss3809 Posts: 7 Member
    Because muscle burns fat faster, that is why you should start lifting any strength workout! I found strength workout to help me faster than cardio in losing weight.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Why is lifting necessary from the start?

I wouldn't say it's necessary, but obviously highly recommended.
    Lifting while losing weight is going to maintain the muscle you have now and affect your body composition when you get to goal.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Why is lifting necessary from the start?[/quote/]

Because it feels great!
    Because your body will change in amazing ways! Like going from size 24 to size 12, as pictured.
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Why is lifting necessary from the start?[/quote/]

Because it feels great!
    Because your body will change in amazing ways! Like going from size 24 to size 12, as pictured.

U look great!
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    You can pull weights making it as your exercise regimen. Exercise to tone up and feel good calorie deficit for weight loss, but It doesnt mean that you dont need any exercises to lose weight, exercise helps controling weight and improve body function at the same time :)
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I see a theme developing here and it is absolutely correct. If you don't start lifting now, your body will burn muscle too, not just fat. Lifting to retain muscle will actually increase the fat burned at the same deficit and greatly improve body composition. In other words, you will end up looking fit instead of just skinny.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Adding muscle will speed up your metabolism him and also your weight loss. Definitely do the weights!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Do both
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    I am a female and i was wondering if it would be better to loose weight then lift. Weights or do both at the same time? :)

Lift now, and lift after.