Workouts for lazy people

Options
Today is probably one of those days where I might see the sun one time. I was wondering if there's a sweat dripping exercise that knocks out calories more than Stallone. I hear burpees and jump rope are excellent fat/calorie burners

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I like couch surfing on lazy days! But that's just me.

How about some yoga? It always gets me out of a funk. And stretching is always good for anyone.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Just do the same workout you do on sunny days?
  • phrobbert
    phrobbert Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was doing a basic tabata routine I found on Buzzfeed at work for a while. 20 minutes total, 2 10 minute circuits. Do as many of the sets within each circuit as you can until the 10 mins is up.

Circuit 1:
    10 jump squats
    15 mountain climbers (15 per leg)
    10 side lunges (each leg)
    10 elevated push-ups
    30 second v-sit

Circuit 2:
    10 single-leg deadlifts (each leg)
    10 reverse lunges (each leg)
    10 squats
    10 supermens (lower back extensions)
    30 second plank hold.

It's pretty simple but if you keep it up you'll definitely be dripping sweat before long. No reason why you can't swap out any of the exercises as well.
  • baileyderrick214
    baileyderrick214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For a lazy person like me I would recommend a water rower. I have been using a it for 5 months now and it's amazing. The best part it it feels like actual rowing rather than an exercise or workout. Here's more in detail as to why water rowers are the best https://fitnessguyd.com/best-rowing-machine-reviews/
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    phrobbert wrote: »
    I was doing a basic tabata routine I found on Buzzfeed at work for a while. 20 minutes total, 2 10 minute circuits. Do as many of the sets within each circuit as you can until the 10 mins is up.

Circuit 1:
    10 jump squats
    10 elevated push-ups
    30 second v-sit

Circuit 2:
    10 squats
    30 second plank hold.

It's pretty simple but if you keep it up you'll definitely be dripping sweat before long. No reason why you can't swap out any of the exercises as well.

Is that a mixture of HIIT and circuit? because it's intense and short so I think it's HIIT, anyway great suggestion.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I think you may need to define "lazy" for us. For me, I got too lazy to load my bicycle up in the truck to drive to a trailhead, so now I just ride my bike to the trail. The risk is a little higher dealing with traffic, but I spend less time doing pointless stuff.
  • fit_finesse92
    fit_finesse92 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    phrobbert wrote: »

Circuit 1:
    10 jump squats
    10 elevated push-ups
    30 second v-sit

Circuit 2:
    10 squats
    30 second plank hold.

How many times a week could you do this?
    I'm looking for some short but also effective work outs and this sounds awesome. I work full time and have 2 small boys, so time is the issue for me. I was waking up at 4 am for a while and doing 45-60 min work outs but it got old.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like the indoor rock climbing gym when the weather is rainy, which is often here in the UK. You can get a great workout scaling the walls and then you get to be lazy and just gently descend on your rope. You can also be lazy as you apply chalk to your hands....critique other climbers...wait for you turn for a popular ascent, etc.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Fitstar app!! I am lazy but it gets me going. You choose a personal trainer. After that you do the test to see how strong you are, after that you can choose different types of exercise. Yesterday I did muscle mix. The day before it was total body! The music/songs are great and gets you going.