tips for losing the last 10lbs fast?

Options
im at 155 lbs and trying to get to my goal of 145 lbs, but i was told that the last 10 lbs are always the hardest to lose. is this true? if so, why? and any tips on how to lose 10 lbs fast? also, any great core and leg slimming exercises are greatly appreciated.. and lastly, tips for getting rid of love handles? thanks !

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's true. You do not lose the last 10 lbs fast, you lose it slow. Very slow. Like .5 lb per week if you're lucky. The reason is that you have less room to create a deficit because you are so near your goal. It was easy to eat at a 500-1000 cal deficit when I had 150 to lose. When I got to the last 5-10, there's just not much room for error. You need to eat enough to sustain your body and activities. Sorry for the bad news.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    my favourite slimming exercise is "eat at a deficit".
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Get some dumbells and resistance bands.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Get accurate- Your logging needs to be spot on the closer you get to goal weight.

Labels can be off by 20% so weigh everything.
  • marii_ah
    marii_ah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the military diet?!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    marii_ah wrote: »
    Have you tried the military diet?!

Is that a joke?

The military diet is a sham that is a vlcd. Not healthy at all
  • hazels1973
    hazels1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Yes, it's true. You do not lose the last 10 lbs fast, you lose it slow. Very slow. Like .5 lb per week if you're lucky. The reason is that you have less room to create a deficit because you are so near your goal. It was easy to eat at a 500-1000 cal deficit when I had 150 to lose. When I got to the last 5-10, there's just not much room for error. You need to eat enough to sustain your body and activities. Sorry for the bad news.

Yep me too..I'm down to last 7lbs to lose but just about able to maintain let alone lose. I'm trying to be stricter but hard so trying to up exercise instead as I really can't eat less than 1200 Cal's a day!
  • claireariela
    claireariela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    From my humble understanding ☺️, it helps to switch up your workouts. Try high intensity if you haven't yet. The insanity workout or some of the freeletics ones are really good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    From my humble understanding ☺️, it helps to switch up your workouts. Try high intensity if you haven't yet. The insanity workout or some of the freeletics ones are really good.

Insanity is a great workout but adding intensity will probably just add water weight for OP!
  • claireariela
    claireariela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    True for the first few weeks. I suppose it wouldn't be too good because she's on a time crunch. Perhaps diet changes may help?

@allisonander11 , I guess unless you're in some competitive sport where weight is pretty important for grouping, body fat and inches lost actually may be a better indicator than weight alone. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    im at 155 lbs and trying to get to my goal of 145 lbs, but i was told that the last 10 lbs are always the hardest to lose. is this true? if so, why? and any tips on how to lose 10 lbs fast? also, any great core and leg slimming exercises are greatly appreciated.. and lastly, tips for getting rid of love handles? thanks !

There is nothing that will help you lose the last 10 pounds fast.

Advertisements for quick weight loss schemes are either outright lies (nothing says they have to prove it)...or the results are from very obese people.....or results are mostly water weight.

Consider you need a 3,500 calorie deficit for 1 pound. For 10 pounds that's a 35,000 calorie deficit. Let's say 2 weeks (14 days). That's a 35000/14 = a 2,500 calorie deficit every single day. The problem is you may have a TDEE of 2500 calories (maintenance) but how do you then give your body enough fuel for basic functions and a 2,500 calorie deficit besides....you don't. Any way you slice it fast weight loss (close to goal) is going to be mostly water weight loss...or dangerous.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I lose super fast when I cut out bread and sugar. It's not easy but it works.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm at 150 trying to get to 140. I tried a small deficit for 6 months and just bounced around. So now, I'm getting medieval on the last 10. I'm doing 1300 cals all veggies, fruit, beans, seeds, no dairy, no sugar and very little salt. You can eat a LOT of food for 1300 if you eat this way. I'm doing it for 6 weeks to see what happens. I'm 2 weeks in and 4 lbs down. Oh, and no drinking. I figure I'll go 6 weeks at 1300 then 6 weeks at 1700 then go back and forth until I get there. I want to wear a FLIPPIN bikini on July 4th!! In public!