Work out and stay under the calorie limit

Options
Is it bad that on the app I put not active and I want to lose 2 pounds a week but I work out everyday (lifting weight and cardio) and still only eat 1700?

Replies

• jenboop20
    jenboop20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I dont list all my exercise and i listed myself as sedentary.. I exercise almost every day
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Not sure, need more info. Your stats and starting weight?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    If you're actually losing more than about 1% of your body weight per week (less if you don't have much to lose total, possibly a bit more if you're extremely obese), you may be risking your health and well-being in the interest of quick weight loss. Ditto if you start feeling weak or fatigued.

If you under-eat, you may find it harder to stick to a calorie deficit long-term. Some people who try to lose weight very rapidly end up over-eating sometimes because of the difficulty of sticking with it, and end up losing more slowly in reality than those who have a smaller daily calorie deficit that they can stick with consistently.

Those are generalities. It's impossible to say more than generalities unless you give us more information to react to, as suggested above.
  • Scandinavianblonde00
    Scandinavianblonde00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You will just lose weight faster... I workout virtually everyday (for a couple hours) and I put sedentary... The app thinks i'm supposed to be eating 1200 to lose, when I actually lose on 1800 calories because I am so tall and fit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    elDLIVE wrote: »
    Is it bad that on the app I put not active and I want to lose 2 pounds a week but I work out everyday (lifting weight and cardio) and still only eat 1700?
    1. How much weight do you want to lose total?
    2. How long have you been at this?
    3. How many pounds are you actually losing per week?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You will just lose weight faster... I workout virtually everyday (for a couple hours) and I put sedentary... The app thinks i'm supposed to be eating 1200 to lose, when I actually lose on 1800 calories because I am so tall and fit.

"Weight" as in fat+existing lean muscle mass. Fast paced weight loss is not as healthy as moderate paced weight loss. It's a good thing you are eating 1800 calories.

The way MFP works - 1200 is a DEFAULT minimum for women. 1200 was given based on "I want to lose xx pounds per week." An aggressive weekly goal = low calories. Your 1200 was also NET - that means you should be eating 1200+exercise calories, which you are....1800 calories.
  • PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Activity level is the activity you do when you're not excercising, if you work in a physically demanding job like constructor worker you should put it higher.

I do more than an hour of cardio 6 days a week, walk 1 to 2 hour daily but I've put my activity level in sedentary because I study online and don't move much the rest of the day.