Looking for a plant based protein bar

Options
SciWhiz
SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
As the title says I've been looking for a plant based protein bar that's low in sugar and calories (150ish or less). Whey, casein, and milk protein isolate all upset my stomach. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    NoCow bars are pretty legit (rice and pea proteins) and about 160 kcals per.

I'm personally a fan of the dark cacao mint and dark raspberry truffle flavors.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    PHD super foods bar. 180ish calories, 21g plant proteins.
  • SciWhiz
    Options
    NoCow bars are pretty legit (rice and pea proteins) and about 160 kcals per.

I'm personally a fan of the dark cacao mint and dark raspberry truffle flavors.

I've never even heard of these. Exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you so much!
    PHD super foods bar. 180ish calories, 21g plant proteins.

Unfortunately I live in the US and they don't ship here :( Thank you though!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one that's that low in calories, but I really like the Kashi GoLean bars. They have 9g of plant protein, 6g of fiber and are about 190 calories. No soy, which I cannot have. I usually eat half a bar at a time for 80 cals. They're a nice little treat with the benefit of extra protein.

I've tried the Salted Dark Chocolate & Nuts and Dark Chocolate Cashew Chia.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I like the Raw Rev Glo bars in Salted Caramel Nut and Chocolate (or something like that). They are almost like eating cookie dough...
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Vega has some kind of food bar, all plant based.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Most Clif bars are vegan. I like Clif Builder chocolate peanut butter, though they're more calories than you're looking for. You can also make your own: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/10/08/fudge-brownie-chocolate-protein-bars/
  • helenrenee007
    helenrenee007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the Vegan Nugo Protein Bars, around 200 calories though. It's my favorite for a quick on the go snack.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Raw rev and the go lean mentioned above are both delicious and satiating. Nugo are also delicious and available at the grocery store (only some are vegan). Raw rev has more protein than the other two, but is a bit more expensive and tastes more like a protein bar, where the others taste more like a treat
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love the Simply bars. 120 ish calories for 16 or so grams of protein. They are vegan
  • DiannaOnMaui
    DiannaOnMaui Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    22 Days Nutrition has great vegan bars - and now you can get them at Target! so they are easy to pick up. They are small, but fill me up (I usually have one with an apple). And they taste great.
  • cjacomme
    cjacomme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Plant Power protein bars (salted caramel is great: 150 cals/15g protein/4g sugar! You can get them at Target.
  • SciWhiz
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I couldn't decide so I'm trying a bunch!