Type 1 Diabetic (T1D) looking for Friends and Support

Options
Hello!

I was diagnosed with T1D at age 11 (almost 16 years ago!) I'm on an insulin pump, but still struggle with controll. I tend to do well for a couple of weeks, then totally fall off for months. I joined MFP in hopes of tracking my carb intake (to help with insulin dosages) and for weight loss.

I would really like to connect with other type 1 diabetics for support and motivation. I don't know any other T1D's and it gets a little lonely and I just want to be "normal."

Replies

• nicnoahshaun
    nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm type 1 diabetic you can add me. There is a good website with lots of type 1 diabetic on there that are just like us and I think is helpful. I believe it's called Get fit? I'll double check on the name and see if I'm telling you the right name but it's a husband and wife who our fitness trainers and the woman her name is Cristal and she is also a type 1 diabetic. I follow her on FB
    I have been trying to start back on my fitness pal again too but yes it is helpful when you can follow someone who can relate.
  • nicnoahshaun
    Options
    It's called fit with diabetes community. She is very helpful. Hope this helps!!
  • Kelseyreyne
    Kelseyreyne Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's called fit with diabetes community. She is very helpful. Hope this helps!!

Thank you so much!! I'd love to check it out. Is it on Facebook? :) Also adding you!
  • nicnoahshaun
    Options
    Yes it's on FB. Her name is Cristal and she is.type 1 diabetic. She also has challenge group for 30 days for whoever wants to join and it's free ☺
    A lot of people on there like to use MFP too.
  • aross525
    aross525 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi! T1D here... diagnosed almost 14 years ago at age 23 (so late onset). Use an insulin pump, too. Definitely struggling with my blood sugars and my love for food especially carbs. I have a 9 month-old and have been especially struggling with my #'s and weight since I gave birth to my son. Would love to connect and just support each other! Please add me
  • swanvon
    swanvon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm type 1 as well, feel free to add me!
  • Highalertmission
    Highalertmission Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me too!