How long have you been with MFP?

Options
I used MFP a couple years ago and met my goals. Slowly I lost my routine with logging in daily. I thought once I met my goal I was done with MFP but here I am again. I guess I will need to keep MFP forever to make sure I maintain my goals. How long have you been on MFP?

Replies

• trixieberry17
    trixieberry17 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 4 months. And I've lost 26lbs. I really love it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 4 years and a couple of months (joined March 2013).

I know what you mean about falling out of the logging routine. I did it SO religiously for the first two years and lost a lot of weight, then got lazy.

For the past 2 years I have logged my food maybe 80% of the time and hardly at all on the weekends. I'm only up between 6-8 lb (of a 100+ loss) but I have not been able to get that back off in a year or so of being careless with logging, so I have recently tried to be strict about logging again. Clothes are fitting better but no big scale changes yet.
  • ClassicKayo
    ClassicKayo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 4 years and a couple of months (joined March 2013).

I know what you mean about falling out of the logging routine. I did it SO religiously for the first two years and lost a lot of weight, then got lazy.

For the past 2 years I have logged my food maybe 80% of the time and hardly at all on the weekends. I'm only up between 6-8 lb (of a 100+ loss) but I have not been able to get that back off in a year or so of being careless with logging, so I have recently tried to be strict about logging again. Clothes are fitting better but no big scale changes yet.

4 years and a loss like that is amazing! It really is what we put into it. Use it and lose it with MFP ;)
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    On this account.....5 months. Previous account, about a year.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I've had this account for years, but never posted in the forums until recently. I always used it strictly for calorie counting / weight tracking. Now that I'm having success I find myself more talkative, for better or worse.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Injoined in 2001, but started using it regularly in 2013.
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Joined in 2010 logged religiously and lost 70 lbs, I stopped at the end of 2011 logging most of my stuff, and have gone back up 8 to 10lbs every year. I am back now that i have 40 of those 70 back. I am ready to focus again. I felt sooo much better when i was accountable.
  • ClassicKayo
    Options
    5-6 years

Wow. That's commitment. Did you loose with MFP or maintain all these years? Or both?
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This time around, just over three years. Altogether, maybe double that. Quite possibly the only thing that has remained consistent in the last 5 or 6 years of my life lol
  • ClassicKayo
    Options
    amberrea82 wrote: »
    This time around, just over three years. Altogether, maybe double that. Quite possibly the only thing that has remained consistent in the last 5 or 6 years of my life lol

Lol that's awesome
  • ClassicKayo
    Options
    Joined in 2010 logged religiously and lost 70 lbs, I stopped at the end of 2011 logging most of my stuff, and have gone back up 8 to 10lbs every year. I am back now that i have 40 of those 70 back. I am ready to focus again. I felt sooo much better when i was accountable.

It's pretty amazing how much it actually helps in reaching our goals. We got this B)
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Strivetobebetter76 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    I've been here since March of 2012. This is my 5th or 6th account though. I have been known to rage quit a few times haha.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Downloaded the app Jan 31st (I think) this year. I didn't start actually using it for a couple of weeks. Finally hitting my stride. Seeing people above posting that they've lost their routine over time makes me more determined not to let that happen. Who knows though. Good luck and good job everyone!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Since 2012.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    3 yrs next month
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    A little over 2 years. Lost the weight in the first 8 months or so ... and have maintained since.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    2 years next month. Lost 65+ since I started logging 70+ in total. I had a rough patch where I didn't log my food and gained back 12lbs but I lost it and more. Logging can be a pain in the butt but it all tends to go downhill pretty quick when you stop -- in my opinion. Some people have great success maintaining without logging but I know for a fact I eat too many Haribo if I don't. :lol:
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    3,5 years and counting