how long will it take

roughly how long will it take to go from a size 18 to a size 8/10 on a 1800 calorie diet and exercising 2 times a day most days.

Replies

• jeaninehughes
    jeaninehughes Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2017
    Real, healthy weight loss takes time. I would give it at least 8 months, if not a year. Remember, you'll feel better and better as the weight comes off. Give it time, and enjoy learning to nourish your body.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    We need your height, age, gender, weight now, goal weight, what weekly weight loss 1800 cals is supposed to give you, Where you got the 1800, what exercise you are doing, how long you are exercising for, how you are accounting for your exercise calorie burn, then we may be able to give you a ball park time line.

Cheers, h.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    No one can tell you that - it depends on how many kg you have to lose, your starting weight, how big a calorie deficit you choose, how closely you stick to your plan etc.

Don't be concerned about how long it might take, just get started.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    spmcrob33 wrote: »
    roughly how long will it take to go from a size 18 to a size 8/10 on a 1800 calorie diet and exercising 2 times a day most days.

there is no way to know that - aim to lose 1lb per week... it takes as long as it takes...
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    It's All about the Journey, Not the Destination... cliche but true!
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Everyone's body is different. No one can answer this question for you. Don't focus on how long it's going to take. Focus on steadily working towards your goal.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited May 2017
    It took me about 18 months from an 18 to a 6/8
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Not enough information. Height, weight, how many lbs you plan to lose per week, how many pounds off it takes you to change clothing sizes. Are your current clothes fitting tight, just right or loose fitting? Do you wear more tailored clothing or stretchy clothes?
    Clothing sizes are different from brand to brand as well. I think it is pretty hard to plan on what clothing size you will be as you lose weight.

I dropped one clothing size in tops after losing 15-20 lbs. That was after about 5-6 months I think at a goal weight loss rate of 1 lb a week. If you drop a clothing size every 15-20 lbs and you lose 2lbs per week consistently then dropping around 5 clothing sizes might take you 10 months to a year. Hard to say if it would really work out that way.