Your favourite %macros ?

Options

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    lige00 wrote: »
    Thanks for your Point, I'm agree. I never did cheat d. but maybe it could be easier, if you know that you can eat something forbidden! Anyone do cheat day?

There are no forbidden foods. That's the point. "forbidden" is a negative association. You can eat what you like as long as you make it fit your macros/calories.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    No percentages but macros set at:
    Protein: 250
    Carbs: 180
    Fats: 70

Strength train 4 days a week.
    17k daily step count.
    Cardio on off days and carb cycle bringing it down to 140 for 2 off days.
    Then down to 100 for 1 day (only for 4wks then back to 140).

Cheat days sometimes but within reason... Sometimes
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    My percentages are roughly 40% C, 30% F and 30% P. And I do what I call a splurge meal or two on the weekend. I try to keep it close to my maintenance range and do a bit of a higher deficit during the week to make up for it. I don't go crazy but will have a glass of wine or maybe a bit of dessert that I normally don't have during the week. We usually eat out at least once on the weekend and so it incorporates a few extra calories there as well.

Down to the last 7 lbs to lose out of almost 70 so I guess it's working.....LOL

I strength train 4 days a week and run twice a week normally.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Great job guys! And what about cheat day??

I don't cheat. Cycling carbs is helpful so that I can have some higher calorie days, because I'm not one of the "everything in moderation" peeps. I like volume.

I will take a refeed once every few weeks. It's logged. And it's not cheating.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm also on team "No Cheat Day" because I also don't agree to attaching negative connotations to foods. I don't believe in thinking of certain foods as "bad" or "forbidden". There isn't a single thing I don't allow myself you eat, though there are things I have decided "aren't worth it", in terms of meeting my goals. An important distinction.
    I find ways to work things I enjoy into my regular meal planning. If I have a special occasion or party that I need to attend I may decide to eat at maintenance that day.
  • lige00
    lige00 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    To much proteins turn in sugars. How many gr. prot (max) can be taken each meal?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 75% carbs 15% protien and 10 % fat now. I'm enjoying the fresh fruit and vegetables especally the greens we are getting here lately for spring. Colorful and refreshing.

edit to add: No cheatdays here. sometimes I eat some tree nuts which brings the fat macro up a bit higher.
  • lige00
    Options
    Nice! How many kcal/day?any sport/activity?
    I like fruit too,but I know that too much fruit sugar is bad, because it makes blood glucose and insulin go high, and too much fiber causes bloated stomach and bellyache. When I want to lose weight, I don't eat too much fruit with high fruit sugar (grapes, bananas, mangos, cherries, apples, pears and kiwi fruit) and I include more vegetables in lieu of the high-sugar fruit!
    What do you think about my opinion?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Nice! How many kcal/day?any sport/activity?
    I like fruit too,but I know that too much fruit sugar is bad, because it makes blood glucose and insulin go high, and too much fiber causes bloated stomach and bellyache. When I want to lose weight, I don't eat too much fruit with high fruit sugar (grapes, bananas, mangos, cherries, apples, pears and kiwi fruit) and I include more vegetables in lieu of the high-sugar fruit!
    What do you think about my opinion?

I don't agree with your opinion at all. I have no issue eating fruit when dieting. As long as you are still fitting in sufficient protein, fat and getting enough fibre, your fruit consumption and the natural sugars shouldn't be an issue. (unless of course you have a medical reason to avoid sugar, or fibre, or fruit)
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Yes, I know fruit has sugar but at the moment I am not worried about that. I can keep my calories at the right amount with a lot of fruit and a lot of vegetables so its ok, I don't gain weight. I don't know about insulin spiking, I feel good eaing like this. There is some bloating over the day from so much fiber, but I can stand it. I may need to limit the super sweet fruits. What fruit do you eat instead of the sweet fruits?

I just do walking and ordinary day to day work, groceries, housework, yoga asanas, nothing spectacular like the gym or running.
    My TDEE at the moment is probably around 1400 to 1500 calories, I am having to rest from some inflamation.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    50% fat, 30% carbs, 20% protein. This is the way that I've always eaten, through years of tracking, including a pregnancy and several years of weightlifting. It seems to very much agree with me.

I mean if you want to get even more specific, it's more like 44% fat, 29% carbs, 19% protein, and 8% ethanol, except during the pregnancy when it was the straight 50/30/20 above.

And experimentally determined TDEE for me right now is 1966 kcal/day.
  • lige00
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ok, you know that high level of blood glucose can bring health issues as insuline resistance, but it doesn't mean that fruits are unhealthy and should be avoided. They contain lots of antioxidants and vitamins, and the sugar they contain is paired with lots of fiber! I try to not exceed, eating 200/300gr fruit/day (according with TDEE)
  • lige00
    Options
    50% fat, 30% carbs, 20% protein. This is the way that I've always eaten, through years of tracking, including a pregnancy and several years of weightlifting. It seems to very much agree with me.

I mean if you want to get even more specific, it's more like 44% fat, 29% carbs, 19% protein, and 8% ethanol, except during the pregnancy when it was the straight 50/30/20 above.

Very Low carbs how do you manage it?
    How healty is a ketosis diet?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Thats not keto... Or very low carb...
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Ok, you know that high level of blood glucose can bring health issues as insuline resistance, but it doesn't mean that fruits are unhealthy and should be avoided. They contain lots of antioxidants and vitamins, and the sugar they contain is paired with lots of fiber! I try to not exceed, eating 200/300gr fruit/day (according with TDEE)

Thank you

Do you eat oranges, papaya, mangoes? How many pieces adds up to 300 grams, I don't measure.

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I love 50% 30% 20%. I eat about 2100 calories a day, sometimes more when I hit the cardio hard. I like having my carbs higher because I eat a TON of cauliflower and fruit.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    I love 50% 30% 20%. I eat about 2100 calories a day, sometimes more when I hit the cardio hard. I like having my carbs higher because I eat a TON of cauliflower and fruit.

So that is 50 carbs, 30 protien and 20 fat?

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Normally 40 c 30 f 30 p
    However currently I am carb cycling. 3 low carb days and 1 high carb day. I felt great this week.

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Thats not keto... Or very low carb...

I agree. I'm certainly not in ketosis. It might be lower carb and higher fat than most eat, but it's obviously sustainable. Those macro ratios are an average of what I've eaten over 1677 days of nonpregnant tracking for the 44/29/19/8 and 244 days of pregnant tracking for the 50/30/20 split.

Incidentally, the majority of that isn't even "dieting" as I've never actually been overweight, it's just tracking how I eat.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    katadx wrote: »

So that is 50 carbs, 30 protien and 20 fat?

Oh, yeah I should have specified! :smile: