Body extra jiggly?

Options
This is kinda weird/embarrassing. I've lost about 21lbs since starting this. And
Went from 324 to 303 so I'm still large with a loooong way to go.
But I've noticed my fat around my stomach area is way more jiggly than it was before. It's hard to explain.

I'm hoping someone will understand me. It just seems extra gross now.

I have no idea if I lost any inches (I'm checking on tuesday) all my pants ate extremely loose but the next size down don't fit yet.

But I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the extra jiggy-ness or if it was just me.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When you were heavier, you kept your stomach full all day. You're changing that now by eating less and your stomach is now taking up as much space inside you now as it did before. Your visceral fat has more room to roam now, and that's why you sense it as jiggly.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Squishy fat. Yup. Everything's a little less densely packed than it was before and therefore free to wiggle about. It's annoying but unavoidable :smile:
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far!

Some people find that their visceral fat (the stuff around internal organs) is the first to go. Visceral fat often feels harder because it's under your muscles. Subcutaneous fat is just under your skin and is more jiggly.

It could also be that your skin hasn't bounced back to your smaller size yet. As you keep losing your skin will eventually get tighter around your new size. It's different for everyone and depends on genetics, age, and how long you've been overweight.
  • cookiemonster_ashley
    cookiemonster_ashley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've basically been over weight my whole life. I'm 31 and the last time I was under 200 (197lbs) was when I was 20. But I met my husband shortly after aND he was a big guy (wore 3x) so I got comfortable and over the 10 years found myself over 300 lbs.
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I've lost over 100lbs so far and still a bit to go. The fat around my chest/stomach looks weird now. It sorta wobbles & hangs instead of being the firm lump of lard it used to be. But I take it to mean it's fading away and that it'll all be gone soon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Also you have to take into consideration that if you've been overweight a long time, then your skin expanded to compensate for the fat. Skin DOESN'T reduce the way fat cells do so people who usually have more than 80+ to lose will invariably end up with some or a lot of loose skin.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @cookiemonster_ashley. Yup, that's how it rolls. It gets worse before it gets better and then one day, BAM, you'll look great! It's a simple matter of he skin not being packed so tightly with fat. Also, the looser skin that still has fat, weighs down the skin below so you get folds/bags/jiggles.

You may also start to see (especially in the belly area) what looks like marbles under the skin. Perfectly normal, don't panic. Keep doing what you're doing. Great job.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I have a jiggly belly right now too. It's a good sign! I like squeezing my belly now because it's so squishy. O.o At least, until it goes away.
  • cookiemonster_ashley
    Options
    Well I'm glad it's normal. Still sucks though.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Fun with play-do putty!

I weirded out my brother with what I can currently do with the jiggly, wobbly squishy fat on my stomach.
  • clark59j_99
    clark59j_99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ddveedub wrote: »
    Squishy fat use to upset me until I realized that every time I would look like a deflated balloon, I would have an inch/pound loss or health gain. Now I look forward to squishy fat! About every 20 pounds sounds about right. Keep making healthy choices. Your body loves you for it;o)

I noticed this too, gets a little extra squishy for me right before a "big" loss.
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I noticed this with my lower belly. Honestly I was thrilled because it meant I had lost some of that fat.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Loose fat means you actively losing. If it was hard/stiff it means it's not actively being used. /layman terms
  • cookiemonster_ashley
    Options
    You all made me feel better. I seriously thought something was wrong lol.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad it's normal. Still sucks though.

Like others mentioned, think of it as a sign of progress.
    Now after 45 lbs lost my belly feels more like a partially deflated balloon/bag. Previously it felt more taught or tightly packed. If this keeps up, I'll have a roll of skin over the top of my jeans :(

Everything I've read indicates it may take significantly longer for the skin to tighten around your reduced frame.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get jiggly boobs as well. Weirdest feeling jiggle ever.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    My body is very jiggly :D LOL its a bit sad but amuses me when i dance home alone... took some time to become okay with it
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    That would be all the extra stretched skin. I was 175 now 130 and even I have it in areas especially my stomach