Want to gain muscles but not fat (6ft/141lbl)

Options
2»

Replies

• ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ejsilvi wrote: »
    Turentoo wrote: »

my diary is open - feel free to check it out - I aim for probably 70% healthy/30% fun

I can't see your diary (maybe it is not public after all?) So I have added you as afriend if you don't mind

What tpye of lifting program are you on? If u want to add more muscle you got to lift heavier weights 5x5 is about the best look at trying to get 40 grams of protein in 4 meals or so look at better fats like nuts n seeds hope this helps

she doesnt need 160 grams of protein per day to build muscle,it can be done on less. also why in 4 meals?

Well part of my post got cut off I was trying to say as an example if she was a 160lbs that she want to shot for her body weight in protein, also I said 2 protein shake too if u can gain muscle on less n that works for you that's great for you no one is a 100% right here because if it was easy we all would be where we want to be with our health .
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    If you want to add muscle, you may want to eat more than 20% protein...

Yea I agree this works out to be a really low protein goal for your stats. Since % can vary greatly depending on calorie intake, I go by grams per lean body mass/or bodyweight. (Keep in mind these are minimums so you can adjust as you please)

Protein: 0.8 to 1g
    Fats: 0.35 to 0.6g
    Carbs: The rest

OP, listen to @sardelsa . Follow a progressive lifting program, set your goal to gain 0.5 lbs per week, try to follow the numbers in the quoted post for your macros, and eat your calories. You don't have to eat 100% "healthy" food. As long as you are getting all the nutrition you need, having a little treat to get you up to your calorie goal is perfectly fine. The amount of muscle/fat you gain will be dependent on your workout and your calories. Good luck!