I've had it!

I am so so tired of feeling and looking this way. I'm 25, going on 26 this year and I just wanna be healthy, in shape, and most of all HAPPY. I hate that I get so motivated and do so great for a good couple of months and then BAM, I sink right back into the way I was before. I'm OVER IT!! I'm over being self conscious and living in such a negative state of mind. Easier said than done, but I just have to find ways to stay motivated. Feel free to add me and we can help each other! ☺️

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Don't feel bad. A lot of people are in the same boat as you. It's easy to slip and keep on slipping up until we get off track. Best part about it is you get back at it again like you are now. We're all in this together. Good luck to you!
  • Romeo1luv
    Romeo1luv Posts: 166 Member
    I will help if I can.
  • tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    I just turned 26 last month. I tend to always round up so I already think my self a feel like I'm 30. A middle aged man :( where has my life gone?

That's why I'm super focused on gaining, hitting my muscles groups I tended to neglect and finally get into bodybuilding.

I think we all get into our slumps sometimes and lose sight of our goals. But we gotta keep on going. Our time is precious. I hope you have a better time staying motivated this time around. I can help with any kind of motivation/support, I've been going on MFP quite frequently this time around
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I just turned 26 last month. I tend to always round up so I already think my self a feel like I'm 30. A middle aged man :( where has my life gone?

That's why I'm super focused on gaining, hitting my muscles groups I tended to neglect and finally get into bodybuilding.

I think we all get into our slumps sometimes and lose sight of our goals. But we gotta keep on going. Our time is precious. I hope you have a better time staying motivated this time around. I can help with any kind of motivation/support, I've been going on MFP quite frequently this time around

30 is middle aged?! My word I didn't know I was already on the downward march of life.......
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member

30 is middle aged?! My word I didn't know I was already on the downward march of life.......

What about me? I'm 62---must be half dead.

OP--you have the very mistaken idea that weightloss will make you happy. Happiness comes from within not without. Losing weight and exercising are wonderful goals, but you need other life changes to be happy.
  • Jabbarwocky
    Jabbarwocky Posts: 100 Member
    I agree with snowflake. Weight loss wont make you happy, you need to do that yourself. Weight loss can be a part of that but there is no one thing that will make you happy.

As to your motivation issue, my wife recently posted a blog here based on a post she found about motivation. In a nutshell, motivation is a positive emotion. It wont always be around so don't rely on it. Some people on MFP do this because they want to. I personally am doing this because I NEED to. I'm 50 years old and have recently been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Not taking insulin but if I don't get this under control I may very well end up doing just that. I'm just shy of six foot tall and weigh 264 pounds. My target weight is 200 but, at least according to medical professionals anyway, I should weigh under 180. I have a long row to hoe but its my own fault. Anyway, the point is we do many things in our lives every day not because we want to but because we need to. Most of us don't go to work every day because we enjoy it that much. We need the money to pay bills and put food on the table. I don't enjoy yard work but it needs to be done. So try looking at it this way, the older you get the harder this will become (trust me on this one!) so at this point in your life you need to make these changes not so you'll be happy, but so you'll still be able to do those things in 20 years that you enjoy now.

I have no idea who you are, what your lifestyle is like, or even your height and weight. If that's you in your avatar pic, I'd personally say you don't really need to lose weight unless you just want to but one thing I've been figuring out recently is just how individual this journey really is. I can drop or add 20 or so pounds and most people wont even notice it but that's about my height, size, and build. I know that those same 20 pounds on someone half a foot shorter than me with the same basic build can make much more of a difference. Point is, do it not because you think it will eventually make you happy but because it makes you happy to do it.
  • tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2017

Lol I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just if the average life span of male is 72 years then 30-35 is roughly the midway point.

That's just Debbie downer me feeling old. Doesn't help that I've had a bad back since 20 years old which makes it hard to get out of bed in the morning. Been working hard in the gym to try to fix it though. Easy to hurt yourself, waaaayy harder to heal
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    edited May 2017
    "Happiness is a state of mind, n its FREE" having said that, its like "money cant buy happiness" but with money, u can afford ur favorite kind of misery. :p

Happiness is a very elusive thing n it doesnt alway come just because u want it to. meanwhile, fitness n health r almost guarantee if u just work at it. i still cant achieve a state of happiness half of the time after chasing it for a long time but at least i m at 170 instead of 210, which would be a double whammy for me!

good luck!

PS so sorry. forgot to say something useful :#

1. buy a food scale
    2. set up a profile with an easy goal
    3. take up exercising
    4. join an online challenge
    5. ditch any non supportive friends
    6. donate all junk foods