Options

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I was already considering subway for lunch....this just confirmed it

I almost had it for dinner last night but I chose Penn Station instead

well that and subway is one of the few places at work with semi-decent food...the rest is highly suspicious at times
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Starbucks!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    pixl45 wrote: »
    Promotion of pseudo-science like this is malpractice. This company should be ashamed of itself.

Maybe hospitals should start giving away free cigarettes now too.

Not a clue what you are referring to......

This is a matter of degree. Are Subway sandwiches the worst fast food you can eat? Not even close. Are there things on a Subway menu that are better than others? Of course.

I don't expect absolute truth in advertising. That's just not realistic.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see Subway ads than the "banana wine stopper" ad I've been seeing for the last couple weeks. I thought about snipping a pic, but you guys can google it for yourself. :|

Hee hee... also based on your browser history :P
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see Subway ads than the "banana wine stopper" ad I've been seeing for the last couple weeks. I thought about snipping a pic, but you guys can google it for yourself. :|

You'd think. But I don't drink wine, and have never done a search for wine or wine stoppers...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

You'd think. But I don't drink wine, and have never done a search for wine or wine stoppers...

I had ads for at-home paternity tests for a while. Those were my favorite. Especially when combined with ads for legal services. There's a pretty good breakdown of how we end up with the weirder ads in the link I posted above.
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is referring to an ad I have been hearing on Pandora lately about a joint thing between MFP, some other health site (I think) and Subway to win free sandwiches or something for like a year. Can't be more precise than that because I tune out the ads when I am running.
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is referring to an ad I have been hearing on Pandora lately about a joint thing between MFP, some other health site (I think) and Subway to win free sandwiches or something for like a year. Can't be more precise than that because I tune out the ads when I am running.

There is the MFP challenge from subway at the moment. I think it is app only. Grand prize is $500 subway card, $100 under armor card, UA health box, UA wireless headphones. I wouldn't mind winning that, although $500 at subway would last me forever.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm still confused about how Subway sandwiches are pseudoscience...
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Nuh uh! I'm so not falling for that one.

Nope, not gonna click.

Not at all.

Um....
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I was already considering subway for lunch....this just confirmed it

I almost had it for dinner last night but I chose Penn Station instead

I love Penn Station! They don't have any in Chicago though....only get it when going to Indiana.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I don't think Subway is anywhere near as wonderful as they advertise it to be - welcome to the world of fast food. If they would offer "real chicken" (like a plain chicken breast) instead of those processed rubbery spongey thingies, that would be a step in the right direction.

mine has diced rotisserie chicken as an option, as well as the oven roasted
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    pixl45 wrote: »
    Promotion of pseudo-science like this is malpractice. This company should be ashamed of itself.

Maybe hospitals should start giving away free cigarettes now too.

Refer to my avatar.

What the heck, indeed.

Why is subway bad? Are we not grown adults who can make our own decision on what to eat?

For weight loss, there is no "good" or "bad" foods. Stop blaming ads.

#byefelicia
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ads pay for the site for of us who do not pay for the premium site.