Breakfast Ideas??

Options
Hey everyone --- I'd like to take a little poll to see what everyone's go-to breakfast is these days. I'm feeling a little "in the same routine" and would like some new ideas!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This morning I had pinto beans smothered in green chiles with 1/2 an avocado and a couple boiled eggs...
  • ScottishRob1
    ScottishRob1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Maya flour tortilla (90 calories), one whole egg, two egg whites scrambled and a little low-fat cheese blend and hot sauce. Glass of whole milk. That is my go to for sure. Helps me feel full until lunch.
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My current go-to is two slices of sprouted grains bread, toasted, with one triangle of light cheese spread (generic laughing cow), 1 fried egg, a sprinkling of bacon bits (the 'real' ones), and a slice of tomato. The sandwich comes in under 250 calories and it keeps me feeling full for hours.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I usually do my one cup of flavored coffee and a Yoplait Greek 100 high protein yogurt. If I'm out of yogurt, I'll reach for the oatmeal or a fruit cup. Husband eats 3 scrambled eggs with salsa. I'm not that big on eggs but he loves them.
  • ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having a Dannon light and fit greek yogurt, vanilla or cherry, with a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, and a piece of fruit. I also like one egg, one egg white, 1/2 slice of 2% american cheese in half of a Oroweat Pita pocket healthy multi-grain and a piece of fruit.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Coffee with half&half
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This morning I had oatmeal made with milk (for protein) and cinnamon. Today I added banana slices & reheated, other options.......applesauce, raisins, berries. I like to cook a big batch in the crockpot on the weekend.

Sometimes I eat a Greek yogurt "parfait" with Fiber One cereal, berries & chopped nuts.

I do freeze ahead egg McMuffins - bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9" square pan. Cool & cut into squares, store with Canadian bacon slices in the freezer. I thaw eggs overnight in fridge & reheat while toasting a high fiber English muffin, add a slice of 2% cheese.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers from previous meals. This morning I had some red lentil chili.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    whole grain bread with brie this morning. It is my go to when I get tired of the "normal" breakfast foods.
  • SignpostPsycho
    SignpostPsycho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with cheese and a sunny side up egg!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    I usually have boiled eggs, fruit, Greek yogurt and coffee.
  • eileenbednarz
    eileenbednarz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    310 Protein Shake with banana and PB2 powder (one third the calories as peanut butter) or I also love Kashi Go Lean Almond Crunch cereal.
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This morning: Egg bake (this week is onion, peppers, roasted tomato and mushroom), with half avocado, and sauteed chicken breast.

Last week's egg bake was caramelized onion and maple bacon. Ate that on a tortilla.

Other go-to breakfasts of mine include greek yogurt mixed with nut butter and chia puddings.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Today I had some leftover taco meat over steamed broccoli.
  • ktfranke
    ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Eggs almost every day for me! You can add and do so much with them!

Greek yogurt with chia or flax seed and fresh berries!

Oatmeal with no-sugar peanut butter and a little honey!
  • lolothedragon
    lolothedragon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A typical breakfast for me is oatmeal with peanut butter, sliced banana, and whatever other fruit I have on on hand. I also love whole wheat toast with peanut butter and fruit on top. Sometimes I make breakfast burritos with eggs and whatever other left over veggies I need to use up.
  • crystaljones1429
    crystaljones1429 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone these are some great ideas!!!
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Black forest overnight oats. It's amazing.
    Base recipe here: https://wholefully.com/8-classic-overnight-oats-recipes-you-should-try/
    Base + 2 tbsp cocoa + sweet cherries. I sweeten with stevia, and do the "small servings". Around 200 calories, filling, feels like dessert, and is healthy. Plus chocolate.