How many people log every fruit and vegetable they eat?

Options
Is it worth the stress or time? I mean in a way you should probably eat those fruits and veggies even if you don't have the cals left for the day.. right?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I definitely log them. A banana and an apple can easily be 100-150 cals each, plus I could easily eat 100-200 cals of veggies on a good day. That could be 400 calories! I don't necessarily weigh low-cal veggies on a food scale, like greens or broccoli, but fruits and some sweet veggies can really add up, so they go on the food scale like everything else.
  • NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If your going to make the effort of calorie counting you mind as well log everything you eat. Not logging some things is just doing yourself a disservice and not being honest + can throw off how much weight you lose
  • LizzyPops2
    LizzyPops2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't log any fruit and veg :) I eat unlimited amounts every day and still managed to lose 25lbs and reach my goal weight in 6 months!
  • lifestylechange888
    lifestylechange888 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do because it is all calories and high calories at times with the fruit, but I remember years ago when I was in Weight Watchers my instructor said "nobody has even become overweight by eating too many apples" and that has always stuck with me.
  • BurlzGettingFit
    BurlzGettingFit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You bet, especially fruit!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Given that I generally eat several hundred calories of fruit and veg a day, yes. I had 400 cals worth yesterday (and that's a low day). That's my entire deficit. It's neither stressful nor time consuming for me.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I log them unless it's a very minimal amount.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I'm getting down to business (aka actually trying to lose weight), yes. I weigh them too. I eat hundreds of calories per day in fruits and veg. They can take you out of a deficit if you don't account for it.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've got over 600 calories worth of veg, fruit, and legume in just my diary today, so yes. When I'm making meals for the next day I just plop my next ingredient on the scale. Takes no time.