Have Any Of Yous Lost Weight Without Removing Carbs From Your Diet?

Options
Just wondering if any of yous have lost a huge amount of weight without restricting/removing carbs from your diet? xx

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have lost equal with or without carbs.
  • littlemshepy
    littlemshepy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you for replying guys!

I actually love having carbs in the morning as it keeps me full! I dont think I could ever remove carbs from my diet
  • msdemeanor70
    msdemeanor70 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Love my carbs! I'm down 60 pounds and have maintained for a couple years now.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lost 67 pounds and about 15% body fat, my carbs are anywhere from 25-50% of my intake per day (almost always over 150g/day at minimum). I eat rice several times a week, bread every day, ice cream almost every night and still occasionally indulge in pizza, Mexican food, pie/cake, chocolate, etc.

Carbs (or lack thereof) don't drive weight loss - calories do. You can lose weight on any diet that results in a consistent calorie deficit (eating less calories than you expend).
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I lost my baby weight by eating lots of carbs. I didn't have a whole lot to lose, but the point is I got to goal by not cutting out or severely restricting certain macros.
  • yancystreet
    yancystreet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    absolutely. Im down 60 from my max, carbs and all. My favorite snack is toast and jelly. I cant remove that from my diet.
  • JasminPetals
    JasminPetals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, at the end of the day, losing weight means you're expending more calories than you're taking in. However, it is important to keep your macro nutrient ratios in mind. My advice is to be sure you're getting in enough protein first, then allow yourself to have carbs!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It seems like I always go over my carbs, but still under calorie limit, and I'm down about 13 pounds so far.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Well, you have to restrict something to get into a deficit. Carbs are the first thing I lower. I don't go super low or "cut them out" though.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Lost around 40 kgs with carbs being around 45% of my diet. No reason to drastically reduce carbs unless there is a medical reason to do so, or you find protein/fat to be more filling which keeps your calorie intake under control. LCHF has been shown to have the same weight loss over time as a diet lower in fats and higher in carbs by a number of studies. It is a tool for losing weight but not a magic solution or better overall than other tools.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight on a high carb diet. :)