Suggestions on drinking enough water!?

Options
That seems to be my main struggle. I try to drink water throughout the day and if I haven't had enough by the end of the day I make a fruit tea. That seems to help me alot. Just wondering what other tips people use to remember to drink water throughout the day!

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Carry at water bottle and always have it at hand when you notice it drink a sip
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have a 2.2ltr jug. And my aim is to finish it before bedtime.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Carry at water bottle and always have it at hand when you notice it drink a sip

This is what i do. I always have a water bottle next to me, a sip here or there all day long adds up.
  • mjmbeatbox
    mjmbeatbox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Gatorade bottle with me at all times that way I see it more and I drink more. Every time I go to take a drink. I take 10 big drinks or more. I find the more I drink the more I am thirsty and crave water through the day. Adding lemon juice and fruits etc.... in the water help it not be so bland as well.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I can carry a bottle of plain water around all day and I won't actually drink anything from it. I wind up so dehydrated when I do that, my skin sticks up when I pull at it. Not a pretty sight.

However, I'll drink flavored water pretty well. So I flavor my water.
  • MoeAlotaibi
    MoeAlotaibi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink water with a straw. I have a bottle with a straw and every a few mins, take a few sips. By the end of the hour 12 or 24oz is gone and another refill.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Drink when you're thirsty - there is no mandated amount of water you have to drink every day. Even my dog can manage to do this without dying of dehydration.

And it doesn't have to be water. Tea, coffee, soup, diet soda, water in foods all count.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it. If you aren't thirsty then you are likely drinking plenty. The only time you need to be careful is when you are out in the heat or you are exercising, because it is easy to get behind on what you need.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    That seems to be my main struggle. I try to drink water throughout the day and if I haven't had enough by the end of the day I make a fruit tea. That seems to help me alot. Just wondering what other tips people use to remember to drink water throughout the day!

A glass next to the bathroom sink, a big gulp type cup next to my bed, and a water glass at the sink in the kitchen. I drink when at those places. I take water in the car; I always get thirsty there!

One note, If you ignore your thirst promptings, eventually you don't "feel" thirsty.
    Conversely, if you start drinking water again, your thirst mechanism kicks-in again and you'll really want water!
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like ice cold water (and I mean 10 cubes of ice in a bottle ice cold), makes it really tasty in my opinion. A straw is fun, I second that idea.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I drink weak tea, more like how asians serve it where they keep refilling the tea pot with hot water. I put a tea bag in a travel mug and just keep adding hot water through the day. I like sipping the weak tea more that straight water.
  • HoustonStrongMT
    HoustonStrongMT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I will drink it if it's carbonated so I bought a soda stream and drink 2 to 3 liters a day,
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I have an app that reminds me through out the day
  • matilda0198
    matilda0198 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I met with a nutritionist and she told me to be drinking half my weight plus and additional 20 ounces in water every day...I NEVER drink water so I started buying the 'MIO' water enhancers at the store. You can find different brands but for the most part theyre zero calories and have extra B vitamins. I love them, I feel like Im drinking kool aid all day
  • matilda0198
    matilda0198 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also, sometimes I buy bottles of carbonated water and add the enhancers. It tastes just like soda
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I met with a nutritionist and she told me to be drinking half my weight plus and additional 20 ounces in water every day...I NEVER drink water so I started buying the 'MIO' water enhancers at the store. You can find different brands but for the most part theyre zero calories and have extra B vitamins. I love them, I feel like Im drinking kool aid all day

This made me picture trying to drink 70 pounds of water and i felt like dieing lol just until i read on to the ounces ...can you imagine if we had to drink half our body weight in water lol
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Drink when you're thirsty - there is no mandated amount of water you have to drink every day. Even my dog can manage to do this without dying of dehydration.

And it doesn't have to be water. Tea, coffee, soup, diet soda, water in foods all count.

:smiley:
  • helenrenee007
    helenrenee007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You guys and gals are awesome! Great advice! <3
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

your nutritionist is an idiot.

drink if thirsty. you get plenty of liquid from food. coffee and tea count. There is no measurable figure of how much a person needs.