There's this girl...

Options
kschwab0203
kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
There is this girl in my office who eats like she is going to the electrical chair ALL.DAY.LONG. and she probably weighs about 115 lbs. and is a size 2...WHY????

This frustrates me so much. If it's just CICO then why is this chick eating all kinds of crap and is a stick??? I know she doesn't exercise and she drinks like fish all weekend long!

I'm fighting with my body sooo hard to lose weight and seeing everyday just pisses me off!

Rant over.

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Is she hot?
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    That was me about 25 years ago. Time will catch up eventually.
  • kschwab0203
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    There is this girl in my office who eats like she is going to the electrical chair ALL.DAY.LONG. and she probably weighs about 115 lbs. and is a size 2...WHY????

This frustrates me so much. If it's just CICO then why is this chick eating all kinds of crap and is a stick??? I know she doesn't exercise and she drinks like fish all weekend long!

I'm fighting with my body sooo hard to lose weight and seeing everyday just pisses me off!

Rant over.

She might exercise a lot when she's not at work and she might also weigh more than you think.

It sucks when you see someone like that when you've been struggling but for all you know she's worked incredibly hard in order to maintain on the amount that (you think) she does.

She says she never exercise and can't stand to get sweaty...maybe she's lying. It's sooo annoying though as I am counting the calories in my chicken breast seeing her scarf down Taco Bell.
  • kschwab0203
    Options
    Why do you care what she is and is not eating?

I was making the point that if it is just all about CICO then this girl should in theory be larger than what she is. I also made the point to say "I am fighting with my body sooo hard" acknowledging that obviously everyone's body is different and gains/loses/maintains in a different way. For someone on this side of the coin, someone that has to fight to keep a 1 lb loss, it can feel unfair and overwhelming at times.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I know some people who do have a weight issue. I rarely see them eat much so they were eating at night. Maybe that's the situation but reversed. She may not be eating much at home. Possible I suppose.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Maybe she purges throughout the day. You should ask her.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Check her desk draws and see if she has zip lock bags of regurgitated food. If she does then you don't want to be like her
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

Rant over.

She might exercise a lot when she's not at work and she might also weigh more than you think.

It sucks when you see someone like that when you've been struggling but for all you know she's worked incredibly hard in order to maintain on the amount that (you think) she does.

She says she never exercise and can't stand to get sweaty...maybe she's lying. It's sooo annoying though as I am counting the calories in my chicken breast seeing her scarf down Taco Bell.

You don't know whether or not she's telling the truth. When I was skinny and had an ED I would alternately choke down food until I was ready to throw up, and starve myself to the point of passing out.

You don't know what her story is but even if she is an outlier who can gorge and not gain - for now - she is just that, an outlier. If she weren't, 75% of us and growing (har har!) wouldn't be overweight (and some of that remaining 25% must be watching what they eat, working out, a percentage have EDs and so on). So what does it matter if a few, usually very young people can do this? You can't. Neither can I. Don't compare. :)
  • kschwab0203
    Options

I was making the point that if it is just all about CICO then this girl should in theory be larger than what she is. I also made the point to say "I am fighting with my body sooo hard" acknowledging that obviously everyone's body is different and gains/loses/maintains in a different way. For someone on this side of the coin, someone that has to fight to keep a 1 lb loss, it can feel unfair and overwhelming at times.

It seems to me it would seem less unfair and overwhelming if you were less interested in her. Your original post sounds envious and petty. If this is truly about you, I would really like to hear more about you. Maybe the community would be able to help you with your struggle.

:D
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Rant over.

I think she's playin' you.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options

Best. Post. Ever.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options

Check out her teeth. Stomach acid does a number on your teeth
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Check out her teeth. Stomach acid does a number on your teeth

So does meth so it could go either way.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    sigh
  • kschwab0203
    Options

It seems to me it would seem less unfair and overwhelming if you were less interested in her. Your original post sounds envious and petty. If this is truly about you, I would really like to hear more about you. Maybe the community would be able to help you with your struggle.

Honestly, I think it's fair to be envious of people and to vocalize it.

OP didn't say, "this woman is shoving her face and I hate her for it." So I don't think her opinion is unfair. She was expressing her perception and how she's jealous of her coworker's figure and wishing it could be as "easy" for her.

Amen. As if NO ONE ever said...I wish I looked like that, or I wish I had a house like that, or I wish I had straight hair like that instead of curly. I mean everyone is envious and petty at one point or another.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    When I was breastfeeding and pumping for my babies I ate a ton and never exercised. My coworkers used to joke that I ate like a hobbit - breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies... I did eat a lot and I was skinny. Sadly, once I stopped, I could no longer eat that much.

So you never know what her situation might be. I have a feeling she probably eats a lot at work, but not much at home.